Also in search of

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
Figured I'd jump on Harleybosses band wagon with a different thread. I unfortunately don't own a White at this time but hope to change that, you all have me interested. Might ruffle a few feathers but the only one I'm interested in is a .410 at this time. Saw a Whitetail posted on her in the Whites for sale thread about a year ago over on the Campfire. The good it was in my price range, the bad was the guy wouldn't have anything to do with me because I joined just to ask about the rifle and I guess I didn't have a high enough post count.

So if someone has a .410 whitetail stainless, I could provide it with a loving home.

UH OH! Now the price of 410s will go nutz. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. I think a 410 would make a great deer rifle.
Good Luck,
Art

I know years ago the owner of ThunderHills Game Hunting Preserve had either a M97 or M98 in .410 that was given to him by Doc White. I know he harvested a few deer with it and thought it was a great caliber for deer. I don't know if he still has or uses it but it's worth a shot to give him a call or email him and ask.

If my memory serves me correctly his name was Doug? His email address is [email protected]. Or you can call him at 248-249-4710.

Again, I don't know if he still has or uses it, but it may be worth a shot?

I know of a 410 for sale for good money message me ill get you the info

twild..Good Luck! that was a pretty quick turn around on finding a .410. Hope the condition and price is right. I'm still looking :( .504 G series must be scarce like the mythical Sasquatch :D

Harleysboss said:
twild..Good Luck! that was a pretty quick turn around on finding a .410. Hope the condition and price is right. I'm still looking :( .504 G series must be scarce like the mythical Sasquatch :D
More .504 G series than any other whites but no one wants to let go of them.

The search continues, it was a nice rifle just not the right one for me. Appreciate folks keepin an eye out.

twild said:
The search continues, it was a nice rifle just not the right one for me. Appreciate folks keepin an eye out.
Someone emailed today with a like new .410 whitetail . If I decide not to make the trade I will let you know where it is .

1874sharpsshooter said:
twild said:
Someone emailed today with a like new .410 whitetail . If I decide not to make the trade I will let you know where it is .

Sounds awesome Thanks

Doc White is building a .410 and it is already for sale. It's expensive but it will be a good one. Just remember that .410 cal Whites were probably less than 5% of total rifle production(this is my estimate), good clean .410s are going to be expensive no matter who is selling them.

I know someone who has been trying to trade me a .410 for my Roger Raglan but I don't want to turn loose of it. I will see if he will be willing to part with the .410 for cash instead of my Raglan. If so I will let you know.
$700 on the one Doc has is probably going to be as good as any price you find these days though, and Doc would guarantee it. at least you know it wouldn't arrive with a pitted bore :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back