American Gun Craft

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

Reaction score
Hi. New to this forum so not sure if this is the right place to put this. Has anyone seen the new 12ga 8" double barreled shotgun pistol they are offering called the Desperado? Here's a picture of the Desperado. I've emailed them several times and have found out that they are now working on and coming out shortly with a 11" double barreled version.

Attachments

• desperado.jpg
    desperado.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
Don't know if I would enjoy being on either end of that. I took 3 shots once with a friends contender 444 with a 14" barrel and it wasn't fun.

I watched the video where various loads of powder were used with a 12 gauge round ball. The 55 grain charge was apparently quite mild mannered recoil-wise. The 125 and 150 grain charges got some angry looking buck to them but a person would only need one shot at that level at close range. Imagine the sheer shock power at impact.

For in the house protection the pin sight is plenty good, but I'd be looking to have the critter drilled for scope mounds and hang a red dot or reflex on it and try it for short range deer from a stand. Do a 20 yard sight-in and keep shots inside that range.

For in the house protection the pin sight is plenty good, but I'd be looking to have the critter drilled for scope mounds and hang a red dot or reflex on it and try it for short range deer from a stand. Do a 20 yard sight-in and keep shots inside that range.
I rather think an 8 inch 12ga isn't really for hunting. Seems like the idea is not so much to hit something, but to not miss. To hit everything in the general direction.

Or maybe a 20ga
Just wanted to let you know that they do have the 8" barreled version called the Desperado in 20ga. I did send them an email yesterday asking about the 11" 12ga and 20ga barreled version but haven't heard back from them yet. Even with the 11" barrel I probably wouldn't try shooting it one handed but depending on how the forearm is made I'd think about putting a small/short Picatinny rail on it and then get a foldable vertical pistol grip for it. Now you'd have a 2 handed grip on it.

I rather think an 8 inch 12ga isn't really for hunting. Seems like the idea is not so much to hit something, but to not miss. To hit everything in the general direction.
Youre describing a blunderbuss then -- which i'd like to have one of these days. Chickenpoop and nails!

Ive seen the Desperado, probably a fitting name too, and i'd love to have one on my table to look at but never shoot. Ridiculous!

Back