American Pioneer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have experience/opinion using a BP substitute called Jim Shockey's Gold

Yes, i' ve used all the APP manufactured powders. JSG is a good powder that leaves little residue in the bore. It's not as powerful as Pyrodex but is burns much cleaner.

One of my longest muzzleloader shots, a hog at a lasered 204 yards; was made using a 250 grain SST bullet and 120 grains of JSG.

I have. Used with a .50 PRB and it kills deer with the best of them. I have 3lb in my inventory I intend to use. If you have it use it.
I have a jar of JSG that is square or rectangular cubes, is that the same product ?

I just went and checked mine and it certainly isn't round or oval. Maybe best described as miniature gravel with sharp edges and points. ???
Ill take a pic if you need me to.

No need, I have black powder, T7, Pyrodex, and JSG. I just wanted to know if these square pellets were still good. Someone gave me this can years ago, I guess it’s time to try it in my Triumph.

Yes, i' ve used all the APP manufactured powders. JSG is a good powder that leaves little residue in the bore. It's not as powerful as Pyrodex but is burns much cleaner.

One of my longest muzzleloader shots, a hog at a lasered 204 yards; was made using a 250 grain SST bullet and 120 grains of JSG.
Thx!!
I have a jar of JSG that is square or rectangular cubes, is that the same product ?
Mine is a granular product. They do also make sticks but I have not seen them.

Latest posts

Back