Ammogeddon!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the Hamburg Pa. Cabelas yesterday in search of some 45 cal XTP's.
On my! There were MAYBE a dozen boxes of handgun bullets, none of what I needed, NO smokeless powder and NO primers!
Even the gun racks were nearly empty. Not even in the darkest days of Clinton and Obummer did I ever see it like this.
I got some sabots and #11's and counted myself fortunate.
Sure glad I'm a muzzleloader! And I cast!

Yep, I saw the same thing a few weeks ago. They had some smokeless powder but not much and I couldn't even find 30-30 ammo for my grandson's rifle. Not to mention people buying handguns etc was unreal. I had to wait for about an hour just to get help for my grandson who was buying a shotgun. Then for the background check took about another 90 minutes to go through the process and then had to wait some more just to pay for it. They made an announcement background checks would take about 3 hours. UGH

My best friend here owns a Sport Shop, I stopped in the other day to visit at him, His Store was a Ghost Town, Hardly any product. He said you can’t get anything right now.

I say again, We are living in a VERY SCARY Time

Yep, I saw the same thing a few weeks ago. They had some smokeless powder but not much and I couldn't even find 30-30 ammo for my grandson's rifle. Not to mention people buying handguns etc was unreal. I had to wait for about an hour just to get help for my grandson who was buying a shotgun. Then for the background check took about another 90 minutes to go through the process and then had to wait some more just to pay for it. They made an announcement background checks would take about 3 hours. UGH

That's not so bad, if it was your grandsons first gun in Aus he'd have to wait 28 days!

In the countryside of upstate NY things seem better than what y'all are reporting. My LGS has a butt ton of ammo, like a dozen flavors of 308, probably 9 loads of 300WM, almost as many types of 6.5 Creedmoor as 308, and he still has lotsa less popular calibers such as the WSM's, 6.5x55 Swede, 303 Brit, 30 Carbine, 30 TC, et cetera.
He had half a dozen 10 ounce bottles of Blackhorn, sabots with and without projectiles, various types of pellets, and a couple of muzzleloaders hanging on his wall.
His smokeless powder selection was still well stocked, though I didn't look for any specific powders. And the bullet selection was pretty beefy, as well.
Maybe because many folks are out of work up this way there hasn't been the run on things other parts of the country are seeing, I don't know.

My wife and I were in the local Walmart store two days ago.
They had plenty of ammunition and the cabinets behind the counter was full of rifles and shotguns.

God how I pray we become civil and all this nonsense goes away!

I do as well Ed, But i just don’t see how it’s possible? Look at all the Official Corruption that goes on here on a DAILY Basis, You can’t believe ANYTHING on the News, or Any other Media anymore. With over 328.2 Million people in the USA and not 2 of them can Agree and see eye to eye. There are to many people in this World, and to many Different views. We have been warned of these Times

Latest posts

Back