Ammunition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiocchi announced this past summer they were building a plant in Arkansas this year and bring 85 jobs. They already have a plant in Missouri. That will help some,,in 2023!

One thing not mentioned here, is the panic buying last spring/year brought in millions of First Time GUN Owners. Add that to the equation of supply/demand of ammo.

I’m not sure I believe all that’s in that article, but I guess it’s their story and they’re sticking to it.

As far as ammo and reloading supplies go, I’m good and will let others that didn’t learn from past “shortages” fight for what they need and pay stupid prices.
My cop brother in law is a classic example. I told him in February to buy some 9mm ammo, and I even sent him links to available stock. He didn’t and is now crying to me about not having any, and his department has cut the amount they give him for “training” to 50 rounds a month instead of 100. I love my sister in law, but my brother in law is a moron (and that’s not what I really mean but am being nice so I won’t get “censored”).
Sorry to but in but couldn't let the brother-in-law moron quote pass I have one next door I'm not a ammo and component horder but have enough for me and nephews and grandkids who hunt and shoot. Now my brother-in-law owns what I call a rock and a stick and that's what he deserves

One thing not mentioned here, is the panic buying last spring/year
brought in millions of First Time GUN Owners. Add that to the equation of supply/demand of ammo.
First time gun owners are ONLY folks I have any sympathy for in this situation. Every gun owner that rode out the Sandy Hook shortage and failed to prepare afterwards deserve to be without in my opinion. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

Sorry to but in but couldn't let the brother-in-law moron quote pass I have one next door I'm not a ammo and component horder but have enough for me and nephews and grandkids who hunt and shoot. Now my brother-in-law owns what I call a rock and a stick and that's what he deserves
Don`t be to hard on him he just don`t know any better. Besides he has you next door! :)LOL

Just received my new American riflemen from the NRA and the article said that Remington had been off of production on ammunition for the last year, due to bankruptcy, and now They have been bought out by another company and are back full-scale producing ammunition. I had thought that all companies were producing ammunition and apparently I was wrong. Knowing that magazines are behind, this was probably news six weeks ago But just now got published. Perhaps this will help our ammunition for modern firearms and powder and caps too.
Squint

Yesterday i went in to Cabelas in Allen Texas looking for Trail Boss powder, no luck there. However they had a fresh shipment of ammo. :woohoo:Still a little high but i walked away with 5 boxes ( their limit ) of Winchester 62 grain FMJ 5.56 for my little AR15 for $13.80 a box of 20. My wife said she didnt need any ammo. :wall: They also had boxes of 150 rounds 5.56 for $100 a box. I asked about the 5 box limit and the sales guy said sure. My wife seems to have over ruled him though. ;)OHHHH WELLLL. Maybe next time she needs to stay home. :roll:
DL

Last edited:
I have been seeing 9mm come down in price the last week (down .10 per round @ .40 for new-brass-reloadable). To me, that points to more availability/competition. I haven't been watching 5.56. As for the larger hunting calibers, I haven't seen any relief.

Just received my new American riflemen from the NRA and the article said that Remington had been off of production on ammunition for the last year, due to bankruptcy, and now They have been bought out by another company and are back full-scale producing ammunition. I had thought that all companies were producing ammunition and apparently I was wrong. Knowing that magazines are behind, this was probably news six weeks ago But just now got published. Perhaps this will help our ammunition for modern firearms and powder and caps too.
Squint

Remington ammo, which was bought by vista (federal) Has been back in production since Feb/March timeline.

If some of them could get off thier ass and ship primers that would be grand. Canada has plenty in stock guess the manufacturers have priorities and Americans are a low one.

I know you're gonna say but all this is an American issue and that's why.. ie civil unrest and new gun buyers. To that Half cocked says bs. Control the ammo control the guns.

Dunham's had some ammo I almost did not believe it. So how about some primers from tubby at federal?

If some of them could get off thier ass and ship primers that would be grand. Canada has plenty in stock guess the manufacturers have priorities and Americans are a low one.

I know you're gonna say but all this is an American issue and that's why.. ie civil unrest and new gun buyers. To that Half cocked says bs. Control the ammo control the guns.

Dunham's had some ammo I almost did not believe it. So how about some primers from tubby at federal?
(Think UK) when comparing Canada not USA ,heavy on restrictions/no hand guns to speak of and reloading in the whole country might compare to Texas . They certainly do not have the population or the history we have with guns
(2nd amendment) I have friends in Montreal that only visiting me do they get the chance to shoot , and to be honest not all that interested they rather fish or go on (holiday/road trips ) to the USA/Ed

(Think UK) when comparing Canada not USA ,heavy on restrictions/no hand guns to speak of and reloading in the whole country might compare to Texas . They certainly do not have the population or the history we have with guns
(2nd amendment) I have friends in Montreal that only visiting me do they get the chance to shoot , and to be honest not all that interested they rather fish or go on (holiday/road trips ) to the USA/Ed
I get that it's a cultural thing. We Americans love our boom sticks and what we think is a right (has not been since the first bits of gun control after the Italian idiot gangster Capone had to send a message).

BUT don't you find it funny that we manufacturer primers here ship them abroad and as American citizens are unable to purchase them from Canada?

I get that it's a cultural thing. We Americans love our boom sticks and what we think is a right (has not been since the first bits of gun control after the Italian idiot gangster Capone had to send a message).

BUT don't you find it funny that we manufacturer primers here ship them abroad and as American citizens are unable to purchase them from Canada?
Nope not funny at all but now that you mention it Canada is a lot like the UK with restrictions on lots of stuff we use in our sport that is verboten there . AMMO /BP /BEER is all a hassle crossing into/out of the states , never mind handguns/Ed

If it's so easy why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Set up your own ammo factory
Lol reading over old post here

Looks like I did. Kind of anyways. The rock chucker RCBS has been good to me. Mater of fact so did my buddy he went all out on the automatic Dilon. He even has a thing that pulls the handle for you! He is also trying to make primers. Unfortunately he is slow to set up. I am willing to bet most of the crap he bought is still in boxes.

If the fat man at federal could sell some Reloading supplies namely his precious primers I won't need thier stinking overpriced ammo.

Last edited:
I scored on 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. Just bought the rifle and after checking the net and several local stores I managed to fine one box. Things looked seriously like wow I bought a rifle but may not get ammo.
Then last week I walked into Academy when a new shipment arrived of Hornady Black 6.7 Creedmoor arrived. The sales lady ask me how many I wanted and added the limits were increased to 4 boxes just today. I said the limit of course.
I did a site in at 50 yards and liked it.

20210609_181722.jpg

I scored on 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. Just bought the rifle and after checking the net and several local stores I managed to fine one box. Things looked seriously like wow I bought a rifle but may not get ammo.
Then last week I walked into Academy when a new shipment arrived of Hornady Black 6.7 Creedmoor arrived. The sales lady ask me how many I wanted and added the limits were increased to 4 boxes just today. I said the limit of course.
I did a site in at 50 yards and liked it.

View attachment 15144

I hope your groups will tighten up sufficiently if you plan on shooting long-range with your rifle-ammo combination

Back