Amrisport Kentuckyian

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfood

Reaction score
Hi All,
Recently came into a .45 cal Armisport Kentuckyian in mostly complete condition (needs a trigger assembly). Got it because I have a .40 cal that seems jsut too nice a gun to shoot. I've been following the traditional muzzleoader scene for a while but haven't heard about this type before. The most curious feature of it is that it doesn't use barrel bands or wedges to attached the barrel to the receiver, it just uses one small scree midway up on the underside (obviously) of the barrel. Not sure how secure that is. However, it does have a nice balance to it and the sights are good. Lock group seems decent.
Anyone have any experience with this gun?
Cheers,
dgfd

Thanks. It came with a flat plastic butt-plate but I'm planning on replacing that with a curved brass one.

Hi All,
Recently came into a .45 cal Armisport Kentuckyian in mostly complete condition (needs a trigger assembly). Got it because I have a .40 cal that seems jsut too nice a gun to shoot. I've been following the traditional muzzleoader scene for a while but haven't heard about this type before. The most curious feature of it is that it doesn't use barrel bands or wedges to attached the barrel to the receiver, it just uses one small scree midway up on the underside (obviously) of the barrel. Not sure how secure that is. However, it does have a nice balance to it and the sights are good. Lock group seems decent.
Anyone have any experience with this gun?
Cheers,
dgfd
How do you like that .45 Kentucky? I have my eyes on one at an online auction. It looks to be in almost new condition. What is your opinion on value?

How do you like that .45 Kentucky? I have my eyes on one at an online auction. It looks to be in almost new condition. What is your opinion on value?

I've ordered a random trigger in hopes it'll work, but it's not come in yet. That being said, I like it enough for what I paid for it, which wasn't much.
The weight and balance are great. The lock (if it's original to the gun) seems good. There are two potential downsides.
1) I'm skeptical of the barrel being held to the length of the stock simply by one very small screw midway down the barrel.
2) The bore is slightly off-center in the barrel. Haven't had a muzzleloader with that characteristic before, so not sure if that's gonna impact how it shoots.

I obviously don't your financial situation. $150, say, is worth a lot more to some than others (and rest assured I'm not asking you for it) but what is the price of the auction currently?
Cheers,
dgfd

Currently $225....they are going nuts on all types of guns, modern CF & muzzleloaders.
Muzzleloaders that 8-10 months ago I could have gotten for $60 are now in the $150 -$250 range and some more than that.

Worth exactly what the markets says it is , and given the current conditions any gun is worth more today than yesterday .Apple stock was expensive 10yrs ago but I bet you would give alot today to buy @that price today .Any gun store you venture into is empty if that says anything /Ed

Hillbilly-bear,

Do you have a soft spot for this particular rifle, or was it one you thought could fit your needs?

I just got this one to fix up and see if it suits my needs. I can give you a shout if I get it up and running but it's not gonna be the right rifle for me.

Currently $225....they are going nuts on all types of guns, modern CF & muzzleloaders.

Muzzleloaders that 8-10 months ago I could have gotten for $60 are now in the $150 -$250 range and some more than that.

World has lost it gottverdammt mind. At that point, I'd pass on it. There'll be plenty more once the panic-buyers stop driving the prices up.
Yup...definitely passed it up. If I can get certain ML's at the right price, I'll have my son refurb them and resell it. Unless I get really attached😁

Back