Another .45 Bullet For Fun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Another Fun Weight Bullet to Shoot in my .45s, more “Target” Oriented than the Lyman Gould. Ed’s Gould measures just under .910, This New Bullet measures .915 Long, Virtually identical. This Bullet Drops from the Mold at .453 Diameter. These will be Tested in both my 1:20 and 1:30 Twist Rifles.

The Mold, Accurate #45-350M, Typical AWESOME Quality Mold from Accurate Bullet Molds. I SWEAR by These Steel Molds :lewis:
tJhPXIOl.jpg

Casts a really nice looking little Bullet :lewis:
CxccmUWl.jpg

Cast of Certified PURE Lead for 1st Test, After “Cycling” the Mold 3 Times, It settled/Finished in at 358 Grains. Next up will be 1-20 Alloy, The Alloy Bullet will be Slightly lighter, probably 355 Grains
VcMsZ63l.jpg

MAN!!! You make some beautiful bullets! You should quit your day job and open a shop! Pretty enough to drill a hole through them and wear as a necklace!

Thank you Hal, This Bullet Casting is something i really enjoy Tinkering with. I see the Bullet Molds as works of Art, And Casting REALLY HIGH Quality Bullets from them is an Art in itself. Simply put, it’s a Labor of Love :lewis:

Wonder how that would shoot in a sabot in a 1:28 twist .50 caliber barrel??

Wonder how that would shoot in a sabot in a 1:28 twist .50 caliber barrel??
Probably really well !!! Using a 45 lead conical in a sabot is a nice solution for a couple of things . 1) a nicely sealed up bore for bh209 2) no leading if you send it good and hot 3) a little better bc than a 50 conical bore sized . In short i like them !!! BUT if they get too long for the sabot youre better off being bullet to bore .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back