Another batch, smoker ready

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
ds8s38B.jpg

Venison ring bologna. These rings weigh in at about 1 3/8 pounds each. The ring on the right top was the last filled and it weighs maybe 1 1/4 pounds. Supposed to be pretty cool here tomorrow so I'll probably wait until Thursday to smoke these when the temps are forecast to be around 40 degrees.

Next up....pork breakfast links.

Wish I had the time, room, and know how to get that creative with my wild game. Looks awesome! Bet it’s gonna all get eaten!!

The ring bologna is actually the only venison Ma will eat, so it does not last a year. A couple cans of Franks sauerkraut dumped on top of a ring in a roaster and heated slowly for a couple hours and wallah....fine dining. I'm the summer sausage fanatic and love the jerky too. I make and enjoy sticks too but season them with jerky seasoning then give them some light smoke and heat them in the oven to 152 degrees. The usual stick seasonings are funky anymore, but sticks travel in the vehicle better than cut muscle jerky so I make them with jerky seasoning.

That is just cruel and unusual punishment MR. Tom

For sure it is Cruel. Tom tempts us every year with his delicious recipes. Not to mention those great looking crappie baits. Keep it up Tom.:lewis:

As soon as the first batch came out of the smoker this morning and finished in the boiling water bath I slides a piece off the end and tried it. I'm certain that all you refined guys would not like it. I'm crude and often rude and I like it though.

A couple cans of Franks sauerkraut dumped on top of a ring in a roaster and heated slowly for a couple hours and wallah....fine dining.

Homemade kraut is super simple to make if you have a few weeks to wait. Dole Slaw mix works great to cut down on labor. 3 14oz bags will fill a 2qt jar after it weeps.

24grams of kosher/canning salt to 42oz of slaw mix for a slightly over 2%

I brought that idea up to Ma a few years ago and she shot that squarely in the hind quarters.

I just got thru cleaning the grinder after grinding 25 pounds of pork breakfast sausage. Stuffing tomorrow.

Back