Another new Fury

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool!!!!! More details,,what did you shoot it out of?? what twist and how much did that bullet weigh, were you shooting with black horn I assume.??

Looks like a Walters Poly wad on the bottom and we know those are working for Ron with BH209.

Unless i am seeing it Wrong? From that Pic, Those Wads look very well attached to the Bullet Bases? If so, i Personally would never trust that, The worst shooting i have done in my Muzzleloading Career thus far has been from Wads Sticking to, and riding the Bullet Bases, As I’ve preached MANY times, The Base of the Bullet is what Actually Steers the Bullet, The LAST thing you want is a Wad Riding your Bullet Base. If the Wad can Ride the Bullet ANY Distance to Speak of, Accuracy can be DESTROYED, I have seen it MANY MANY times, And Spoke of it MANY MANY times on here, and other Forums

Serious, World Level Competitive BPCR Guy’s using the Hard Card Type Wads such as Vege Fibre, and LDPE (Poly) go to Great lengths to ensure the Wads Seperate from the Bullet Bases Upon Exiting, They add several Ultra thin Newspaper punched Wads between the Bullet Base and the Vege, or LDPE (Poly) Wad, This has proven to Help The Bullet/Wad Seperate upon Exiting the Bore, which is what an Over Powder Wad is Suppose to do.

The above is why i switched to 1/8” Wool Felt Over Powder Wads LONG ago, and have pretty much given up on ALL of the Hard Card Type Wads, I have a BUNCH of Each Material, in .030, and .060 Thicknesses, I Even Bought High Dollar Press Mounted Wad Punches, But I rarely touch any of that Stuff anymore. My Hard Card Wads (Vege Fibre, And Poly) worked fine with Jacketed Sabotless Bullets Back when i was Tinkering with that Stuff. I guess thats why i keep all of this Hard Card Stuff?

Last edited:
Unless i am seeing it Wrong? From that Pic, Those Wads look very well attached to the Bullet Bases? If so, i Personally would never trust that, The worst shooting i have done in my Muzzleloading Career thus far has been from Wads Sticking to, and riding the Bullet Bases, As I’ve preached MANY times, The Base of the Bullet is what Actually Steers the Bullet, The LAST thing you want is a Wad Riding your Bullet Base. If the Wad can Ride the Bullet ANY Distance to Speak of, Accuracy can be DESTROYED, I have seen it MANY MANY times, And Spoke of it MANY MANY times on here, and other Forums

Serious, World Level Competitive BPCR Guy’s using the Hard Card Type Wads such as Vege Fibre, and LDPE (Poly) go to Great lengths to ensure the Wads Seperate from the Bullet Bases Upon Exiting, They add several Ultra thin Newspaper punched Wads between the Bullet Base and the Vege, or LDPE (Poly) Wad, This has proven to Help The Bullet/Wad Seperate upon Exiting the Bore, which is what an Over Powder Wad is Suppose to do.

The above is why i switched to 1/8” Wool Felt Over Powder Wads LONG ago, and have pretty much given up on ALL of the Hard Card Type Wads, I have a BUNCH of Each Material, in .030, and .060 Thicknesses, I Even Bought High Dollar Press Mounted Wad Punches, But I rarely touch any of that Stuff anymore. My Hard Card Wads (Vege Fibre, And Poly) worked fine with Jacketed Sabotless Bullets Back when i was Tinkering with that Stuff. I guess thats why i keep all of this Hard Card Stuff?
Do ya really think Dennis would sell a bullet that didn't do what it's designed to do, function how its supposed to do? I don't think that if that bullet wasn't accurate & didn't fly true & function as designed & engineered he wouldn't put his name on it & sell it. I like the idea & design, I like forward progressively evolving out of the box thinking & I think that thats exactly what this bullet is. I'm sure more will be posted about how diff guns & diff loads work with how this bullet performs. I'm lookin forward to reading it all & hopefully some good longer range tests & gel test videos will get made too.
Thank you Lewis for all the info I insight into how wads in relation to bullet bases work & the issues arising from baese & wads not releasing from the bullet upon leaving the muzzle. That was one of the first things I was made aware of when first starting out sizing bullets & using felt & veggie wads, makin sure the bullet base is clean & dry & free from any lube. Your knowledge & experience shared is always a great thing & much appreciated I'm sure more than you know.

Do ya really think Dennis would sell a bullet that didn't do what it's designed to do, function how its supposed to do? I don't think that if that bullet wasn't accurate & didn't fly true & function as designed & engineered he wouldn't put his name on it & sell it. I like the idea & design, I like forward progressively evolving out of the box thinking & I think that thats exactly what this bullet is. I'm sure more will be posted about how diff guns & diff loads work with how this bullet performs. I'm lookin forward to reading it all & hopefully some good longer range tests & gel test videos will get made too.
Thank you Lewis for all the info I insight into how wads in relation to bullet bases work & the issues arising from baese & wads not releasing from the bullet upon leaving the muzzle. That was one of the first things I was made aware of when first starting out sizing bullets & using felt & veggie wads, makin sure the bullet base is clean & dry & free from any lube. Your knowledge & experience shared is always a great thing & much appreciated I'm sure more than you know.

My post stands. I would like to know if these Wads are Designed to “Pop off” upon Exiting the Bore, or do they Stay attached to the Bullet Base? It’s hard to tell by the Pic what the Deal is?

Most folks know, I call things PRECISELY the way i see them. I speak from a bit of Hands on Experience in Muzzleloading, And my experience with a Stuck Wad to a Bullet Base has NEVER Been a Good Thing.

I have nothing in the World against Dennis Kautz, i have never Spoke to the Man, Nor have i ever Shot a Single Bullet of his. I wish the Man NOTHING but the Very Best of Luck with his Business

The Fury st2pbs is has a permanently attached "gas check" so to speak.
For any bullet to perform well 1 of 2 things must happen when a bullet exits the muzzle. 1. Any device, wad, or sabot must immediately detach from the base to avoid disruption of the air flow around the base of the bullet.
Or 2. Device or wad must remain intact. Without moving or shifting. For the whole ride to the target. This is how the fury pbs works. Countless millions of gas checked, base guard lead bullets have been shot accurately using this same principle.

The Fury st2pbs is has a permanently attached "gas check" so to speak.
For any bullet to perform well 1 of 2 things must happen when a bullet exits the muzzle. 1. Any device, wad, or sabot must immediately detach from the base to avoid disruption of the air flow around the base of the bullet.
Or 2. Device or wad must remain intact. Without moving or shifting. For the whole ride to the target. This is how the fury pbs works. Countless millions of gas checked, base guard lead bullets have been shot accurately using this same principle.

I definitely get the Gas Check Part, As i shoot lot’s of Copper Gas Checked Bullets VERY accurately from my CFs, These Copper Gas checks are “Crimped on” During the Sizing process, That process is Quite different than a Poly Disc pinned in the Center of a Bullet Base Though.

As long as it’s Working, and Folks Trust it, That’s ALL that Matters! I wish you the VERY BEST with them :lewis:

I have a tough time buying into "new" ideas, also known as bullets with attachments. Gotta be used in actual hunting scenarios, and not by company employees or pro-staffers, for a couple, three years. The only bullet with an attached wad that I trusted in was the Brenneke slugs when I hunted a smooth-bore shotgun. I'm really happy with sticking to my sabots and bullets.

I have a tough time buying into "new" ideas, also known as bullets with attachments. Gotta be used in actual hunting scenarios, and not by company employees or pro-staffers, for a couple, three years. The only bullet with an attached wad that I trusted in was the Brenneke slugs when I hunted a smooth-bore shotgun. I'm really happy with sticking to my sabots and bullets.

The bullet itself works in actual hunting situations and proven itself over and over by many. I've harvested with them. As for the gas check, if the bullet is accurate, which looking at that 100yd target we should guess it is, then it'll work.

Ok, Dennis has sent me a few bullets in the past to test. Some made it, others you'll never know about. However let me be clear, I'm not an employee nor on his pro-staff. I pay for my hunting bullets just like everyone else.

Here's the deal............ Dennis is the only bullet maker in the country right now, trying his damnedest to build bullets that will help the guys with 50cal rifles out. You can't count the number of posts on this site where shooters can't find the right sabot to work in their rifle. Answers on top of answers, over and over. "I use X", "Don't use X use B", If B doesn't work try K. Same old crap ongoing from day one.

Guys............ lets not be so damned quick to discourage a bullet, when we've never shot it ourselves. Dennis works his ass off trying to...... HELP ALL OF US.

MrTom I love new things,, but I'm a show me guy too,,it has to work for me I don't care how many other people it works for,,The full-size bullets from fury I think it's a 285 or a 275 and a 325 that you can size for 50 cal muzzleloadersI've been some of the most accurate bullets I've tried in my 50 cal CVA 1 in 28 twists rifles, now I've only shot them in two rifles but they shot consistent 3/4 of an inch,, The 50 cal rifles that I've had in my muzzleloading experience have been much more finicky than 45's of course I know that's obvious to many of us,,, I am very much a fury bullet fan though ,I'm kind of at the point with Dennis and fury bullets that I would like to try any bullet that he develops, I'd love to try some of them bullets with the plastic bottom,, and see if it works for me.

MrTom I love new things,, but I'm a show me guy too,,it has to work for me I don't care how many other people it works for,,The full-size bullets from fury I think it's a 285 or a 275 and a 325 that you can size for 50 cal muzzleloadersI've been some of the most accurate bullets I've tried in my 50 cal CVA 1 in 28 twists rifles, now I've only shot them in two rifles but they shot consistent 3/4 of an inch,, The 50 cal rifles that I've had in my muzzleloading experience have been much more finicky than 45's of course I know that's obvious to many of us,,, I am very much a fury bullet fan though ,I'm kind of at the point with Dennis and fury bullets that I would like to try any bullet that he develops, I'd love to try some of them bullets with the plastic bottom,, and see if it works for me.

I don't have long shots where I hunt....generally. Last year I took the longest shot I have ever taken at a deer here in Minnesota. It was in very clean open woods and steeply downhill later found to be 168 yards via a range finder. Most of my shots are within 30 yards and I've taken a few as close as 8 yards. I switched from lead core bullets to Barnes coppers and love them now so I don't really to look any further. Honestly thou I do like to see a couple years of use and comments by everyday hunters regarding new products. I've dealt inside the fishing industry for about 45 years with several top tier tackle companies and know all about claims made regarding new tackle. Shooting and reloading supplies also can get wound up in hype so I bide my time and then if its something that might trip my trigger I'll try it. But I do like to hear what you and other everyday joes think of a product before I venture out with the checkbook open.

And Encore.... its not Fury or Dennis, its just the way I am. Not knocking or discouraging anyone from trying these or dumping on a company.

I like to be one of the "Beta Testers". Someone has to tryout the new products in the real world. But as so often happens when someone shares their positive results and experience a lot of folks still are not convinced. I'm one of those people so I feel it's my duty to put my money where my mouth is and try them out. I guess I have to get a .50 ML just so I can test these bullets for myself.:rolleyes: oh well, take one for the team.

Latest posts

Back