Another new old guy in Utah

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Dog

Reaction score
I've been shooting muzzleloaders since the 70's. Got curious about in lines so I purchased an inexpensive one to see if I liked them. It is being shipped and on the way. I am excited to try it out then quickly discovered there is not a single primer to be had no matter where I look, reminds me of the toilet paper panic. So I might just be fondling the rifle and shooting one of my cappers or flint rifles this hunting season. Never fired a inline so I will need to find a load that will work and that means range time but without primers the point is moot. Any way glad I found this site there is a ton of info for a new guy to learn from and it sure seems friendly compared to the sister site traditional muzzleloaders.

Welcome from NC.

I got into muzzleloading for an early start on deer season

Welcome old dog. Check out some back country stores and I bet you will find a pack or 2. If it were legal I would send you some. Good luck and keep your powder dry..

Wellcome from NY. I know what ya mean about primers, all I have are remington clean bores which I am not real fond of. If you are going to use black horn 209 powder they recommend federal or cci magnums because they are hotter. Good luck finding some.

Im in Michigan so I cant help. But there are local online auctions and most carry primers, bullets, powder, guns, etc. Do a search for an online auction near you. You will have to pay dearly for them, sorry. Last auction here they were $200.00/M. I look at it this way, a thousand primers will last me a long while, so if I have to pay $200.00 thats what I call the cost of entertainment. But I had plenty before this shortage.

Latest posts

Back