Another one of THOSE days

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V2BQQB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out for delivery
Now estimated 6:45 PM - 9:45 PM

waiting-for-a-package-jpg.6751

Have not gotten a new camera in years..many many years. Mine kinda suck in low light. Not the best cam but it should do all i need. The HD video clips of it on Youtube are really nice.

Cant believe Amazon delivered this at 9pm on a Sunday. Got the cam to hookup wireless to my PC and Laptop. No more needing to pull SD cards or hooking up a USB cable to move pics off to the computers. Just using the cams connect feature opens the app on the pc.
XsDUejg.jpg

SAWEEEEEET!! That thing has an impressive Zoom for Sure! If it does good Macro, I might buy one as Well, 300 is a Good price on a Nice Camera :lewis: I have been Eyeing the Nikon P1000 SUPER ZOOM

That's a dandy with a lot of features. I have the older model 16 megapixel Canon and it takes excellent photos, macro and video. That's quite the upgrade and zoom.
Now you need a good camera tripod ;)

Ive got a REALLY good tripod already. One made to handle a very expensive but older Sony VHS camcorder. Got a cheap one that should work fine also. Just tested the 1080P@60fps video. 30sec of video is around 150mg and roughly 35K bitrate. Low light seems ok with photos so far but the flash works 100 times better than my 2 older cams too. Photos dont look washed out or blurred on the "auto" setting.

I could have got the newer sx740 instead but all you really get is a tilt screen and 4k video. You loose 10x worth of optical zoom. Costco has both atm in smaller bundles. Big plus at Costco is if you dont like it just return it.

Another REALLY good one is the Nikon B700 if you can still find one. Its loaded with features. Including Bluetooth, viewfinder and 60x optical zoom. Viewfinder is a huge deal if taking pics in bright day light. Darn hard to see a LCD screen with the sun on it.
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-B700-Digital-Camera/dp/B01C3LE44G

Im loving this wireless pic transfer. Press the wifi button and choose the PC you want to connect too. The app opens on the PC by itself. Download the pics you want and then they open in the folder right after. So easy once its setup. There are videos on youtube how to use the software. For Mac its a little different. Pics dont upload directly from the cam. It has to use a pic account you get when you register the cam. Sort of like a cloud or drop box account.

Got to try this on the Galaxy Tab next. Its app is supposed to have more features.

Dont know how far i was zoomed but this is over 100ft away. It was very overcast today. I roughly cut the pic resolution in half using the imgur auto resize on upload.
NhREgjK.jpg

This is around 50ft away...Zoomed in on some bones near my compost pile.
CQaW6PV.jpg

Another one of those days. Plus its snowing and i really want a slab of pork side from the store.
01/24/2020 8:58 A.M.
Out For Delivery Today

This one is sort of a biggie. Always wanted this scope from the moment i saw it on Amazon for $450ish. Its around $800 anywhere else and i lucked out at Sportsmans. The online deal sold out in less than a day but some stores still got them.
https://www.sportsmans.com/camping-...r-hd-lh-2-10x40mm-rifle-scope-hsr-4/p/1529171

Ordered up the Speer .451 260gr bullets at the same time since all local sources are out. That package shipped from another warehouse so i got 2 stinking packages with crummy weather.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...r-jacketed-handgun-reloading-bullets/p/303374

This really sucks. :p
waiting-for-a-package-jpg.6751

I hear ya. I have been waiting on some acrylic paints to trial and they can't set in the cold. Did out walk yesterday, then docs appts until about noon and just as we drove in the drive the mailman was walking off the front steps. Its all about timing I guess.

I got 2 browser windows open for the UPS tracking and my Dlink wireless cam running in another. :D

I think im sick but i cant relax until i got it in my hands and its safe. Ive been a little bent since i passed it up on Amazon before Christmas. I wanted the 45 1-20 barrel more at that time. The NULA needs quality glass to complete it. The Redfield is ok but it aint no HD quality glass.

Ive also been dying to see if these Speers fit package to bore. Plus i want to send some to Ron for Jug smashing. I got a good feeling about these boolits.

Thru my tackle making I work with a company and do a lot of trial painting to test new products. Its all acrylic and at this time of year, cold sensitive. We're fairly warm here now at 33 degrees but if the paint sits for an hour on the porch at 20 degrees its done for. I only need a little cool air for a week to hunt in and as far as snow goes, some flurries on Xmas eve is a good plenty, then we can warm back up to daytime highs in the 70s. I got my painting project wrapped up already, so good luck on yours.

Made it safe and sound. Now i can relax.
4N4khKp.jpg

IlWvsEC.jpg

Almost forgot i had some "roux spoons" and sauce paddles coming too. Nice flat edge to scrape the bottom of the pan. The dark one is made from ebony.
kllFZAC.jpg

Latest posts

Back