Anti Seize Compound

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a good anti seize compound to use on BP/shotgun chokes. I've been useing Permatex but its very hard to remove.
I use the same grey puddy stuff I use on my truck lug nuts. Works great on the threads on my MLer breech plugs. Any auto store will have something along those lines.

I bought a container of greese at the auto parts store. Can't remember the name, but it is white. Works for me and should last a lifetime. I've been using tape with BH209. Haven't tried it on T7 yet.

I use teflon tape on my blackhorn breech plug in my accura V2 lr.

X2! Any lube on those threads is great if you regularly remove it for cleaning. If its going to stay in for an extended length of time any many shots then a good nickel anti-seize is better also the black HD anti seizes.

Dont really need anything on a plug if using BH209 but i use Teflon tape out of habit. CVA QRBPs should use nothing but a very light coat of oil on the threads. Using tape you risk not getting the plug seated all the way for the nose of the plug to seal.

Last week I shot my White M98 with my new breech plug from Bestill. I was concerned for the plug as well as the nipples threads that insert into the plug.
I put a liberal coating of TC breech plug grease on all threads and screwed them in. I then removed plug and nipple. Wrapped all threads with plumbers teflon tape. Reinstalled by only hand/finger tightening.
I shot the gun about 20 times. Loads were 350 to 460 grain conicals with anywhere from 90 to 120 grains of Swiss 2f.
After shooting, nipple came out easy and some what clean as well as the plug.
I believe I found a new technique for myself. Both grease and tape will be covering my threads from now on.
I will be adding tape to my sidelock nipples as well.

Last edited:
Back