Anybody draw for Colorado ML bear seasons?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkchop401

Reaction score
Ok fellas , in years past I have always hunted elk in Colorado with a rifle. This year I was considering drawing for elk in ml season (sept) not needing the meat I am considering just drawing for a bear tag. I see that in the area I hunt (77) there is a month long rifle bear hunt in sept and a 9 day ml season sept 11-19 and I want to draw for the won that has the best draw odds and am hoping the ML season has that. Where can that information be found.
I am aware I can get a bear tag over the counter with a successful draw on elk or deer. Thanks

A bear tag is the easiest tag for me to get in my units. Archery, muzzleloader, and rifle bear tags go to leftover. Plus, it's a cheaper tag than deer. I like to kill a deer and use the gut pile to bait bear. It's legal as long as you don't move the gut pile from where the deer was killed.

I looked up unit 77 for you. Last year it had 24 leftover tags. Easy tag to get.

Yup!

To be safe make sure the rifle load is also legal in muzzy season because you'll be hunting them at the same time. Wardens have no sense of humor.

Drew a tag ,,,,,came down with covid the week before i was to go canceled trip Bummer

Latest posts

Back