Anyone heard from Doc?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rye_A

Reaction score
Has anyone heard form Doc lately? I purchased a rifle from his website early last week and overnighted a USPS MO as requested (USPS delivered a day late, but I got a full refund on shipping), but haven't been able to reach him since. I have called and written both e-mail addresses to no avail. I'm hoping that he is out of town doing something fun and that nothing has gone wrong health wise, etc.

I am due to call him next week to check on the status of my laminated, Javelina-style stocks that he is fabricating for my CVA Optima V2 pistol. I will let you know what happens after I call.

Both DOC, and his wife are in their '80's, and he elected not to have rotator cuff surgery from his fall down a steep flight of stairs last year. So, I too hope all is well with them.

Has anyone heard form Doc lately? I purchased a rifle from his website early last week and overnighted a USPS MO as requested (USPS delivered a day late, but I got a full refund on shipping), but haven't been able to reach him since. I have called and written both e-mail addresses to no avail. I'm hoping that he is out of town doing something fun and that nothing has gone wrong health wise, etc.
That is not unusual with him it's happened to me many times !

Yeah he's pretty busy and active although he was injured in a fall I think last year !!
He has got 2 flint smoothies posted on Track of the Wolf right now, with a flint, Hawken, fullstock, brass-mounted, .50 caliber rifle due to be posted any day now. All built in the last 9 months with a torn rotator cuff. At 84 years old. And still turkey hunting.

And, those aren't the only guns he has built. Go take a look at his website. There are two other m-l's that he has built; a Sharps breech-loading, .45 caliber, Gemmer m-l carbine; a break-action, 12 gauge, cartridge shotgun that he modded into a Javelina, pistol grip carbine so he could turkey hunt with a torn rotator cuff. Plus, he builds his White inline m-l's for sale, repairs m-l's, and does thing's like make the Javelina stocks for my Optima V2 pistol.

He stays BUSY!!

I have family close to Doc (1/2 hour away) and have had hundreds of opportunities to look him up. I even built a house right there in Roosevelt. Was up there for 7 months.
I should go see him one of these days. Not often you get a chance to meet a legend....and I’ve passed on several...too shy I guess.
you know the little game they play sometimes “if you could have ten minutes with anyone who is alive or dead, who would it be?“ Until this year, when my son-in-law passed, my answer has been Doc White.

Latest posts

Back