Anyone in IA Having Any Success Early Season??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Weather hasn't been very ideal the past few days here in the upper Midwest, but are any of you having some luck during early ML in IA? Coincidentally, one of the boys I take hunting decided to go fishing yesterday morning....of course he ends up seeing one of our target bucks come down to the pond for a drink around 9:00 AM. The buck was not at all aware that someone was out fishing in the boat, so I told him to employ this strategy Sunday morning. That was when he told me he was grounded from hunting for the week due to not getting his homework done (lesson learned I think).

can you hunt deer from a boat in IA? I would give it some serious consideration, if you can. Good luck.
I actually didn't mean hunting from the boat, just setting up near the pond, assuming he comes down to get a drink. I am guessing you could hunt from some kind of boat on a pond, but I don't know for certain. You would have to look at the regs, which you can easily download on their website. I have them, but not gonna read through it to find out at this point. I guess you could fish and hunt at the same time that way however??

I actually didn't mean hunting from the boat, just setting up near the pond, assuming he comes down to get a drink. I am guessing you could hunt from some kind of boat on a pond, but I don't know for certain. You would have to look at the regs, which you can easily download on their website. I have them, but not gonna read through it to find out at this point. I guess you could fish and hunt at the same time that way however??
Best of both worlds.

Back