Anyone in Salt Lake UT area hunting.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Reason I ask I have a son that moved there about three years ago. Great outdoorsman of which I beam proudly about. A little new to hunting but is doing it. Does CF & ML. I’m working on 2020 to hunt there.
Would like to have a hunting partner for him.
Thxz.

I’m in Southern Utah and primarily hunt alone. It’s good to have a partner for safety reasons (it’s also nice when the work starts) I just prefer the freedom of not worrying about what your partner wants to do. Good luck on getting a 2020 tag and hunting with your boy! If he draws a Southern Utah permit (I like Pine Valley or Zion units) I’ll be glad to steer him in the right direction.

Appreciated. I might be hunting there in 2020 as well. Totally new area to me.
I see in your list a CVA A.LR.
Sent my son a A. V2 that shoots lights out! The accuracy of CVA’s now is eye opening! FTX’s 265 and 325 incredible groups.
Sorry to get of subject
Thanks,
Greg

Join the Utah Wildlife Network Forum... Just don't start asking for everyone's honey hole the first week... Lots of new people to Utah learning to hunt.

I have two boys that like UT too. We did St George & Zion Park last March. At least the one Son plans to move that way.
That’s where I live, (actually Ivins) close enough to St. George to call it St. George.

I just moved from Salt Lake area to Centerfield. Lived, hunted, fished Utah all my life. Not a trophy hunter so I don't have a honey hole but have information for meat hunters. Could use some information myself in my new area of the state. Will give information via PM if interested.

Yay! I drew for mule deer mzl ldr hunt this year. South Slope. Have never hunted in Utah b4.

I have two boys that like UT too. We did St George & Zion Park last March. At least the one Son plans to move that way.
Have him look me up when he gets down here. That’s where I live.

Yay! I drew for mule deer mzl ldr hunt this year. South Slope. Have never hunted in Utah b4.
South slope? What part of South Slope Currant creek? Tough Mule Deer hunting up that way. It’s pretty heavily timbered. I prefer the more open area down here in the south. You can see the dang things from a mile away and put a sneak on them to get close. There are some big bucks up that way too though. Log Hollow out of Hanna is where I’ve hunted elk quite a bit during archery season.. Seen some good bucks up in that country. That’s where my in laws live, Hanna. Lots of Ute Reservation ground up in that area.

Send me a PM and we can possibly set up a time to have a phone conversation if you’re interested. I’m no expert but feel I could give some information that may be useful
Thanks Derek

Will PM fellow ML’r s soon. My son lives in Midvale. He’s the motivator in getting to hunt there. I’ll find out more specifics where in South Slope to include I’m PM.
Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back