Anyone Purchased a New Cell Phone Lately?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more consideration, my wife and I use similar phones. She is tech geek and can teach me how to. In additon she has the latest and greatest Samsung and a perfectly good older model sitting in her desk. If I break mine or more likely it goes lost, I can take her old phone. If I need help, I ask her how, All same cables and chargers in all the vehicles.

Final point. All our phones have protective sleves. My has hit the ground many times. Like the old Timex commercial, keeps on ticking.

I've had no problems connecting my iPhone7 to non-Apple devices, which is all my electronics except the iPhone.

As for picture quality, this is from the screen-side (front of phone) camera from my old Samsung s6!

Attachments

• 20190814_152504[1].jpg
    20190814_152504[1].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5
My preference is to go with a standard choice as much as possible in all aspects of life. In general Apple devices are all made to work ONLY within the the Apple family and deliberately setup to make connection with non-Apple devices difficult. Apple desktop, laptop, phone, watch will all talk and share info easily. The other devices, the whole world, android by ALL makers and ALL makers of laptops with windows ALL are plug and play comparable. For instance, I can take a cable from my Samsung android phone and transfer 2000 photos to my computer for storage and email. I avoid Apple due to that incompatibility.

As for camera it has nothing to do with Android software. The camera is only based of who made the phone and what model. And you have thousands of models from dozens(+) of makers to choose from. And those thousands of options are all comparable with the rest of the non-Apple world. Blue tooth and hearing aids compatible, it is up to those companies to incorporate the universal standards AND OR the special and unique Apple protocols.
They’re probably are tons of features that the others have that Apple doesn’t... ease of navigation, is paramount for me, and I find Apple the easiest to navigate. Of course, that’s all I’ve owned in a smart phone...

I had to buy an iPhone adaptor to use with my chronograph. Just a little adaptor and inexpensive.
I’ve got an adaptor that lets me download my SD cards from my trail cams to my phone in minutes, cost $35 or there about. Love it!!!

They’re probably are tons of features that the others have that Apple doesn’t... ease of navigation, is paramount for me, and I find Apple the easiest to navigate. Of course, that’s all I’ve owned in a smart phone...

Precisely how i feel about my Ipad, it’s all i use for internet. My Phone is Android, Though I’m sure i would like an Iphone just as well as my Ipad

I have an iPad and enjoy it and two phones, Android and Apple. The iPhone is my work phone (paid for by my employer) and the Android is personal. It’s been interesting the past 3 years carrying and using both and to be honest there are things I like better about the iPhone vs the Android and vice versa. I do though prefer the Android.

Why two phones? A former employer promoted a guy in our department and took over his personal phone number and account as part of the “benefit” package. In the end when he got fed up with all the crap going on the owner would not release his phone number back to him when he resigned. Long way of saying I refuse to allow an employer to have control of my personal number.

Latest posts

Back