Anyone try this sling?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have had a slogan for a long time. 20 yrs maybe. everyone that picks up my rifle wants one. and i have given them for Christmas presents too.

i find the long magnum too heavy with no bounce so i prefer the short one which has some give which makes the rifle feel pounds lighter.

If you haven't tried these, no slipping off your shoulders. Minimize anyway.
I've used the Quake Claw slings way before CVA adopted them.
New Rifle = New Claw.
Even works great on my pistol.
Fantastic elbow brace for an off hand unsupported shot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_083220522_1.jpg
    IMG_20200718_083220522_1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 7
The CVA claw is a real bargain for the $
Does everything I want in a sling.

X3 on the safari sling. I don't make offhand shots often, so I don't really need the ready to fire version, but because it goes over your back, it is the most comfortable way to carry a rifle and have it easily accessible.
X4!
Muzzle up, muzzle down, across the body level, the safari sling keeps your rifle ready. It works while still hunting or on stand, and frees your arms and hands for binoculars or a sandwich!

I have tendinitis and nerve damage in my forearms and
this sling lets me carry my rifle at the ready without my
hands going numb.

You can even cinch it up high across your chest to drag your deer and not have it flopping around. It may not be for everyone but definitely worth a try.

MY Slogan arrived yesterday and I already know it's the cats ass compared to any sling I've used in the past. It's currently hanging on a tree limb outside of the garage and will remain there until the odor disappears or October 1st, whichever comes first.

MY Slogan arrived yesterday and I already know it's the cats ass compared to any sling I've used in the past. It's currently hanging on a tree limb outside of the garage and will remain there until the odor disappears or October 1st, whichever comes first.
The smell will go away, but you're doing it right :)

As much as I like treating things with Ozone to remove odor it hasn't worked well on anything rubber so far for me, except to deteriorate it. I'll let nature work on it for awhile.

Been using one of the originals for years. Love it and highly recommend! If I'm wearing a pack though, I skip the sling and use the Kifaru gun bearer. The KGB is without a doubt the best way to carry a rifle while hunting. Hands free carry that isn't going anywhere and ready to fire faster than a sling.

I have two slogan outdoors rubber magnum size slings and I love them. I would just wash it in dawn detergent maybe and let it hang. I wouldnt leave rubber out in the sun etc. I haven't had any problems with the smell vs. deer . use them on my SML and my crossbow, couldnt live without them.

I have been thinking about trying the regular length one also as rporter says the magnum is a little heavy. no other slings for me anymore even though they are a little expensive.

Back