Anyone use Harvester bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC2828

Reaction score
I used to swear up and down that you would never catch me dead using an undersized bullet and sabot, so I only shot Thor bullets. Well this year I could not for the life of me get the batch of Thor’s I got to pattern. So I finally broke down and switched to Harvester PT 300 grain bullets.

HOLY COW.

These bullets are cheap (50 of them for 35 dollars), and absolute tack drivers. I took two deer with them this year and I’m convinced.

Just trying to see if anyone else has any opinions on these hidden gems.

i shoot the new harvester white lightnings with the green crush rib sabot and they shoot extremly well out of 2 differnt guns using 70 gbw of bh209 and 300 grain wl also very deadly on deer

i shoot the new harvester white lightnings with the green crush rib sabot and they shoot extremly well out of 2 differnt guns using 70 gbw of bh209 and 300 grain wl also very deadly on deer
I was actually looking into the white lightnings for next season. The bullets are a slightly smaller diameter correct? Online it says that they are around 0.430 caliber vs 0.451 of the PT.

yes they are smaller in diameter but longer to keep the weight. they are suppose to have a better balistic coiffeciant down range. they load a little harder then the pt with the black sabot but not to bad

Have used both the 260 and 300 PT golds with 100 grains Blackhorn 209 (by volume). Accurate in both my Optima V2's and deer normally drop quick. If they run they don't make it very far. Longest kill was 150ish yards.

I called harvester about using the white lightening in a 1:28 50 cal. I was told to use 110 by volume because the green sabots need more speed to peel off and separate from the bullet. The petals on the sabot are thicker to accommodate the smaller bullet.

If lower charges don't group well...maybe up the charge and test.

I was told that also but decided to try 70gbw(100) by . Shoots fine with nice groups. I’ve found the sabots 10 to 15 yards away so they seem to separate fairly quickly

Use whatever works. I have not tried them yet. Based on your experience, I will start with 100 and work up if needed.

Thanks

I used to swear up and down that you would never catch me dead using an undersized bullet and sabot, so I only shot Thor bullets. Well this year I could not for the life of me get the batch of Thor’s I got to pattern. So I finally broke down and switched to Harvester PT 300 grain bullets.

HOLY COW.

These bullets are cheap (50 of them for 35 dollars), and absolute tack drivers. I took two deer with them this year and I’m convinced.

Just trying to see if anyone else has any opinions on these hidden gems.
I shoot the same bullet with 100 grn blackhorn 209 v in my accura. Very accurate and reasonable priced. What sabot are you using?

I love the white Lightning’s , they shoot great in every rifle I’ve tried them in and they perform very well on game too!

Back