Anyone use Quick Release rings on an inline scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannhauser

Reaction score
So I'm thinking ahead to next year's muzzleloader season as tomorrow will by my last day ML hunting in VA. For next year I want to set up a CVA Optima with the shorter LOP youth stock. I think I want to get a rifle with fiber optic sights, and then install a picatinny rail. I've set up some of my bolt action hunting rifles that are old enough to come from the factory with iron sights this way, and I use Quick Release rings on the scope.

Has anyone done this? I'm curious if a good set of Warne QR rings will hold up to 105+ gr of BH209 recoil? I have a lightweight Rem 700 I had rechambered in .35 Whelen, and that rifle kicks like an angry mule shooting 250 gr bullets over max charges. QR rings have held zero no problem on this rifle, so I'm thinking a similar set up on a ML would be equally without issue.

Im not all that thrilled with "sintered steel" when you can get something else for close to the same cost. Ive used Warnes for ages though with no problems. QR is not that high on my list as long as "easy release" and return to zero is still there. Loopie PRW2 rings come to mind as well as a few others.

I have been using them for several years - darn good rings... Leupold also make a very similar set of rings.
C3FFA1D0-A3E9-4086-B45B-829CBD510CE7.jpeg

I’ve also used the Leupold rings with excellent results. Looking at the Rem 700 I mentioned in the OP, I’m actually using Leupold rings, so there you go!:)

I sighted my .50 Apex in nearly 10 years ago using the CVA provided base and Warne quick detachable rings. The scope has been on an off the rifle many times for cleanings and I had an annual routine of firing a couple of shots before season to make sure it was still on. It always was. I haven't hunted in a few years now (and may never be able to again) but I would be willing to bet that rifle will still put them through a target just where it always did. 🙂

I have the Leupolds on my Mountaineer & they’ve handled 130 grains BV of BH209 with no problems.
This IS NOT an approved or recommended load for Knight

Back