Anyone use this type?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a Brick House blind for years that my wife bought for me and have only hunted from it a few times. I don't like being inside of a blind. I guess I got too use to being a tree dweller. I am 65 and will use my climber as long as I am able.

I set it up on September 5th. I checked it out today and it’s still standing. We have had some very high winds since it was erected and it’s rock steady. I will sit in it on Sunday morning.

Couple of things I have done or will do to mine to make it even better. I used some 1/2” pipe insulation on the tube under the shooting windows for a quieter gun rest and will be getting some of those mesh sling gizmo holders to keep stuff (phone, gloves, kindle etc) off the floor.

Usually use ground blinds
Actually it is kind of a ground blind, just a little more expensive than the normal pop-up. With the snow we get, a pop-up is about worthless and heavy snow just collapses them.
I decided I wanted this up off the ground and where its located. Another has this same blind and lives directly in the "lake affect" area near Muskegon, MI. He says that if the snow gets too deep, he leaves his until spring with no problems. I'll likely remove mine before it gets difficult with snow, but its just nice to know it'll make it through the entire winter if necessary.

Actually it is kind of a ground blind, just a little more expensive than the normal pop-up. With the snow we get, a pop-up is about worthless and heavy snow just collapses them.
I decided I wanted this up off the ground and where its located. Another has this same blind and lives directly in the "lake affect" area near Muskegon, MI. He says that if the snow gets too deep, he leaves his until spring with no problems. I'll likely remove mine before it gets difficult with snow, but its just nice to know it'll make it through the entire winter if necessary.
Understand the snow situation they will golf

You definitely have more of weather situation even heavy rain will collapse a ground blind I run a rope through loop on top to several trees and put cheap camo tarp on it surprisingly well results doesn't last putting expensive nice equipment out even on private property theft big problems. Enjoy be comfortable and good luck

I like that platform. How did you build it? What materials etc.

I like that platform. How did you build it? What materials etc.

Used 4x4 pieces I had around for the legs and used 2x4's for the entire frame. Now the decking...... I used 1x4's instead of 5/4. Lumber prices have went sky high again with all the hurricanes. I already had the stain sealer in flat black. Except for the legs, everything is stained, top and bottom, completely sealed. Its raised 25" so I made a step too.

How did the new blind work out for you? We’re you able to use it much?
Used it quite a little and made a slight modification by adding some burlap around the windows to close them up more. Worked perfect.
Watched and waited as long as I could with pending surgery, so I finally decided to take a small 8pt.
I like the blind.

Latest posts

Back