Anything up with Center Punch USA?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ported45

Reaction score
I have been calling Hollis and leaving voicemails and messaging through Facebook Messenger. Can't get in contact with him. He was going to be shipping my barrel back to me, but said that it would have to have a signature because of the insurance. No problem because he was shipping out in just a few days! Now 2 weeks later, we will be leaving for vacation next weekend. My parents are going to house-sit for us, but may not be here all the time to be able to sign for the package.

Anybody know if he is out on a hunt or something happen to him??

Communication was poor.

Got the barrel back yesterday with a shim in it because of reaming too deep causing primer leaking.

209 primer and you shimmed the pocket or is it worse than that?

Actually he put the shim under the plug rim so I wouldn't have to shim the primer pocket if I replaced the plug.

Was hoping to make it home this afternoon from a dr appointment to test fire a few times and get it rough sighted in, but doesn't look like I'll make it in time.

I put a primer in it last night and it needed pried out, so hopeful!

Yes, 209 ASG plug. Not going to take the chance of loosing expensive LR primer modules.

Got to shoot it yesterday evening.

Fed primers leak and that is what the ASG plug is supposed to be machined for. However, Win 209 do not leak and this is the first break open action that I have had that the primer can be plucked out with the fingers. Supposing that may change when/if I ever go to a stouter load. The other two are an Encore 45/70 with a Savage plug and also another CVA Scout V2 with ASG plug and they require a depriming tool to remove the primer.

Hollis lapped the barrel and it loads very smoothly. Got it sighted in short order and will be the muzzy that Dad will carry if we don't score meat during rifle season.

Since we will not get a shot much over 100 yards in the woods we hunt, it was sighted in with 33.0 grains N110 and a 200 SST in a HSB sabot. That load clocked 2356 fps. Should be light on his shoulder and low enough speed not to come apart too bad on shots inside 50 yards.

Latest posts

Back