Arken optics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake94

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Arken sh4 Gen 2 on a muzzleloader yet. I'm thinking of trying one on a knight peregrine when I get it.

Looks to be made in CHINA if that is a concern to you?
Myself, I would look at other options based on what I've read on these.

Arken Optics is a Texas-based brand of front focal plane (FFP) rifle scopes. They began shipping their first scopes to customers in mid-2019. Frank "Lowlight" Galli (SnipersHide owner, respected reviewer) remarked that "This optic definitely punches above its weight class".

As of this writing (April 14, 2021), Arken Optics rifle scopes are on extended backorder.

Not sure on the extended backorder, if that is still the case? Might be difficult to buy one still?

Just the ep5 is on back order. It's what I would want if not for the fact they only make it in like a 5-25 way over kill for a muzzleloader I reckon. As far as China in scopes that's about all I can afford

Sightron is owned by Kenko Intl and they own their assembly plants. One in Japan and one in Philippines. They dont make any scopes in China but its possible some parts are sourced from China.

There are tons of good sub $1000 scopes not made in China.

I own Leupold, Athlon & Arken. All are superb, facts are a lot of stuff is made or partially made in China. Do I prefer USA of course but I’m not loosing sleep over it.

Arken is targeting the upper entry level marketplace and provides 2-3X in value. I see them mostly as target scopes vs hunting scopes.

Sightron is owned by Kenko Intl and they own their assembly plants. One in Japan and one in Philippines. They dont make any scopes in China but its possible some parts are sourced from China.

There are tons of good sub $1000 scopes not made in China.
So are they better made in the Philippines because I have several from China that are great?

They are better because they are not outsourcing to a third party for assembly. Stuff from China is all owned at least in part by the Chinese government. They can and do say whatever they feel like. They can basically steal whatever they wish from one company that does business there and use it in another company.

Kenko has been around a long time making quality optics. The list of companies they make scopes for is quite large and they own Sightron. While not as large as LOW its still pretty impressive. You can feel pretty safe knowing that they probably wont be going under anytime soon and your warranty is worth more than the paper its on.

Sightron is a very good scope imo. Even their entry levels are good at those price points compared to other brands. I have the 3-9x40 on my Optima and am very satisfied with it.

Latest posts

Back