ASM Prospector 44cal Pistol kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. I have one of the CVA Prospector pistols that I got to shoot in my club's monthly pistol match, but had trouble with it - because of the sight radius (and my aged eyes), the slightest hold to one side of center or the other would throw the impact almost off the paper (25-Yard pistol target) - this was with a 44-caliber ball and 25 grains of powder. So, I purchased a CVA squirrel rifle barrel off EBay, and cut and machined it to fit (using a Class 5 bolt for the breech plug). Now I have a 32-caliber pistol that will put them all in the X-ring, if I do my part. BTW, because of the slow twist of the CVA barrel (it's a rifle barrel, remember?) I have to use 35 grains of 3F.

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. I have one of the CVA Prospector pistols that I got to shoot in my club's monthly pistol match, but had trouble with it - because of the sight radius (and my aged eyes), the slightest hold to one side of center or the other would throw the impact almost off the paper (25-Yard pistol target) - this was with a 44-caliber ball and 25 grains of powder. So, I purchased a CVA squirrel rifle barrel off EBay, and cut and machined it to fit (using a Class 5 bolt for the breech plug). Now I have a 32-caliber pistol that will put them all in the X-ring, if I do my part. BTW, because of the slow twist of the CVA barrel (it's a rifle barrel, remember?) I have to use 35 grains of 3F.
Pics? I really would love to see it!
:pics:

Also welcome to the group Mike557

I like the picture someone posted earlier, with the barrel that was like 24" long (and had a detachable shoulder stock) ...... I just don't think my club would allow me to shoot it in the pistol catagory .......

Back