At my range with my Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday was a beautiful day weather wise, I had just got the first 250yds of my shooting range mowed.
I got a box of .40 200gn XTP’s to try out in LBCR’s as a cheap plinking bullet & possibly a new hunting bullet.
I wasn’t expecting to see MOA accuracy with them at all.
Boy was I wrong!
Pre loaded up some tubes of powder, then started weighing out every charge for a short version of a ladder test.
My chrony, once again wouldn’t communicate with the ballistics app or the app wouldn’t communicate with the chrony, but the chrony did read all shots throughout the 4hrs of shooting except for 1 shot.
I also had to dial in the new Athlon Helos 2-12x42 scope that I just put on it.
I sure do love that new scope.
Here are the last 2 groups I shot at 100yds. MV avg was 2441fps with the top group of 3 shots in under 3/4” & the bottom group of 4 shots is 1” at 2454fps. I’ll take that all day long for .21 cent JHP PISTOL bullets in sabots. What’s not to love about that!

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
The 200 grain .40 caliber XTP has proven itself for me on several deer. Great performance on game with excellent accuracy.
Thanks, I'm pretty impressed with that accuracy & I can't wait to put one of them through a deer or hog. I just ordered another box last night. Can you say " .21 cent sub moa hunting bullet " without an ear-to-ear grin? I can not!

Back