BACO .443-530E

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
After talking with Curtis about His soon to have BACO (Buffalo Arms Co.) .443-530 Grain Elliptical Paper Patch Bullet Mold, I decided to get Mine out and Cast up a Few to Try in my 1:20 Twist Rice, And get it back in action in my 32” 1:18 Twist Green Mountain Barrel :lewis:

These are Straight out of the Mold, Cast of 1-20 Alloy, and weigh 526.5-527 Grains. These Bases will CUT YA ;)
ZKNf6Hul.jpg

Patched just slightly forward of the Bearing Surface
7eyHPQSl.jpg

Short Patched, i like to see just a tiny bit of the Bullet Base Center like this When done :lewis:
o5LIXvKl.jpg

Last edited:
Those look ready for flight! Awesome casting (as usual) :thumb: How about some distance??? 200 or better.

These will be Going MUCH Farther than 200 Yards, I just need 1 Short Range Session to Get my Soule Sight Dialed back in.

If my Eyes will allow, i plan to Shoot these a Country Mile :p Farther than I’ve ever Shot With Peep Sights

Can't hardly wait to see your results Lewis! I will be shooting the bullets in my Alexander Henry rifle. The .451 bore barrel that came with the parts set was custom made for Rod England by Rice Barrel Co. and is a 1:18 twist.

Curtis

Can't hardly wait to see your results Lewis! I will be shooting the bullets in my Alexander Henry rifle. The .451 bore barrel that came with the parts set was custom made for Rod England by Rice Barrel Co. and is a 1:18 twist.

Curtis

I ABSOLUTELY Love my 1-20 Twist Rice Barrel, it is one of my “Go To” Rifles for Accuracy Testing Different Bullets. I would put this Rice Barrel up against ANYTHING out there :lewis:

I got my Long Range Renegade Rifle Dialed in with these .443-530 Bullets Yesterday Morning, I need to Cast up a few more Today, Size and Patch them, I will Hopefull get out Sometime Early Next Week and Go LONG Range with them :lewis: Gotta get through this 4th of July Weekend, it’s a ZOO around here Right now with people.

Back