Bald Eagle nest cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Here's a link to a nest cam in Decorah, Iowa that monitors the events of laying the eggs, the hatching and subsequent raising of the chicks. I've been watching this site for three or four years now and last Friday the first of this year's eggs was laid and the second came on Tuesday. A couple more should show up within a few days, then serious incubation will get underway. Petty interesting to follow the eagle thru the process of raising the chicks until the leave the nest.

https://sportsmansparadiseonline.com/decorah-bald-eagle-nest/

They have one set up in PA also. I think it was last year one of the eagles brought a house cat to the best, caused quite a stir.lol .
We lost our little weenie dog to a bald eagle last spring, neighbor saw it happen. He lost his cat and about 1/2 of his guinney hens before he figured it out.
Nature's way

Not sure what it is but this Eagle cam fascinates me. We had it up on out big TV at home most of the weekend. My two year old would run back into the room periodically just to see what "momma eagle" was doing now.

Mossy, wait until those eggs hatch....probably sometime around early April. From then until those chicks fledge its a real interesting channel to watch. For the kids its a great way for them to watch life unfold in the wild world....nothing like what they'll read in books or hear about in a classroom. This is the real McCoy. Its good for the whole family. I've been watching this for five seasons now and check the site several times a day until the young go for the last time.

Kids and I check it every morning at breakfast watching for changes. I signed up for that SPO email list and turns out they have other cams like the eagle one. There a giraffe, goats, eagles and a couple different owl ones. Good stuff!

I see a chick in the nest this morning Mossy. One egg to go.

Back