Banning trail cams.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laws are written solely by which legislator can be influenced.

In Texas a large land owner was having problems with trespassers who were hunting. He went to his local legislator and he wrote a bill which made it a "felony" if caught trespassing with a firearm. It's now a law. Not that I disagree, but that is how things are done.
by

I would love to see anyone trespassing at my place get charged with a felony!

To be completely transparent, I feed corn, protein, and plant food plots (big ones), but I have to drive over 500 miles to hunt and generally only have a couple days per trip to get it done. I don’t really feel bad for stacking the deck in my favor. I also do all I do to kill only one buck a year, and there have been several years that I didn’t kill anything (either because of lack of a suitable target or failure to see my target buck from the stand).
I eat what I kill but also raise cattle, and given the choice between venison and beef, I will take beef 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. Anyone that claims venison is better than beef isn’t eating the right beef.:roll:

This was a Good Buck i caught on my Old Camera, These Pics didn’t do him ANY Justice, I seen him through my Binos at First light 1 Morning, He was a STUD for around here :lewis: High 150s, Low to Mid 160s
XHcmwco.jpg

JwwauXV.jpg
Wow!! All my large animals are just like your photo, after or before shooting light.
1613708935857.jpeg

I also only hunt on public land fair chase. No baiting allowed here in pa. Within a 30 day window before season. But if you use anything that leaves a residue you will be in violation. I have tipped the wardens off several times of bait., even gotten them on trail camera's for evidence. Now I have more enjoyment with my camera's then the hunt itself anymore. I have about 30 I run 8 months out of the year. Gives me and my springer lots of outdoor exercise. Not for the cellular anytime for me.

Totally agree with retrieverman.. My lease is 2 hrs from my home. You think that buck is going to stand there and wait for me? Most bucks I see on my cell camera are one or two shot photos 3 minutes apart. Then he is gone and maybe won't see him for weeks.... Older bucks aren't stupid like them. They don't get to be 5.5 to 6.5 years old by parading around the woods and waving at the camera going "here I am, come shoot me" SMH!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They banned bait here in Michigan last year. We figure that soon they will allow baiting as long as you buy a license to bait. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Michigan is the only state I've lived in where I as the land owner am forced to purchase a deer hunting license... every other state uses phone check ins, and land owners just use an assigned free ID number (Ilike the property tax number).

:(

I don't believe they ever allow baiting of deer in NY, at least for the last 60+ years.

Oklahoma allows deer baiting. But don't get caught anywhere near a feeder in turkey season.

At one property i've run one feeder year around for 20 years. It helps the pregnant does and their fawns. i no longer hunt deer there because they recognize my scent as non threatening, it would be like shooting a cow.

On the last day of OK deer gun season i watched this young buck (he had two antlers then) graze in a game plot 40 yards away for 20-25 minutes.

0uAqs6fl.jpg

Totally agree with retrieverman.. My lease is 2 hrs from my home. You think that buck is going to stand there and wait for me? Most bucks I see on my cell camera are one or two shot photos 3 minutes apart. Then he is gone and maybe won't see him for weeks.... Any politican that thinks because you get a photo on your phone and that you can just sneak up on it is a dumbass Libtard.... Older bucks aren't stupid like them. They don't get to be 5.5 to 6.5 years old by parading around the woods and waving at the camera going "here I am, come shoot me" SMH!!
Normally i will let stuff go but, i have friends who are liberals and i have friends with mentally handicapped kids. So if you keep dropping that 'libtard' we are gonna have a problem, friend. This is supposed to be free of the name calling. So please stop it.

Back to topic, has anyone seen how the DNR seriously proposes to “police” this new ruling if it passes?!?
I’m genuinely curious about this. If they do intend for neighbors to turn on neighbors, I can assure them that won’t end well.

Back