Barnes TEZ/TMZ vs .45 Cal TTSX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedevil

Reaction score
Any difference in performance shooting .45 Cal 250gr TTSX out out of a muzzleloader or actual muzzleloader bullets like TEZ/TMZ? Just curious. Thanks.

Ive shot the 300gr TTSX made for 458 SOCOM. They worked great with a max load of BH209 in my 54-120. In that rifles short barrel i doubt it was much over 2000fps. Probably a little less.

Right side was the entrance. Left was the exit. Im pretty confident i got good expansion by the looks of the exit hole.
jNvRAVX.jpg

The 300gr TTSX SOCOM bullet (also marketed as their TAC bullet) expands readily at typical SOCOM velocities. I shoot them at 1,700 ft/sec. and expansion was obvious on a fat SC hog shot broadside through the lungs.

Oddly that bullet shot fantastic in a 54x45 sabot. The barrel is a 54cal 1-28. They were really tight to load. Pretty sure i shot a few in the 52x458 sabots too. REALLY good bullet if you can get them to shoot. I ran across them looking at posts in the AR15/SOCOM type forums.

Back