Barrel I.D. ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow

Reaction score
How do you identify who made the barrel on a White ? If it matters , on a Super 91 .

If the muzzle is stepped it should be a Wilson barrel. If a funnel like muzzle it's a criterion barrel.
In my limited white knowledge most super 91's have Wilson barrels.

I thought the funnel shaped crowns were the clerke barrels. Also the clerkes have seven grooves and most of the Wilson's have six.

Thank you !!! My barrel is stepped , like a recessed crown . So i guess that makes it a Wilson . I didnt know if there were stamped marks somewhere or not . I think that is who makes Cooper Arms barrels , in fact Cooper owns them i believe .

Thank you !!! My barrel is stepped , like a recessed crown . So i guess that makes it a Wilson . I didnt know if there were stamped marks somewhere or not . I think that is who makes Cooper Arms barrels , in fact Cooper owns them i believe .
Man , how on earth did you guys learn all this stuff ???

Oh by the way i contacted , Mark ..er...hunterman280 today . Found out he no longer makes bullets . Hope he is ok . Didnt sound so good to me . Perked up though when i inquired about any thing he could share about bullets for Whites . Any of you still talk with him ? Recently ? Think he could use a ring-a-ling.......

We have just been around for a while...:dance2:
I still have a sample pack of hunter280man boolets. His were the go to at one time. He had some marital problems an just dropped out of the business if memory serves me.

We have just been around for a while...:dance2:
I still have a sample pack of hunter280man boolets. His were the go to at one time. He had some marital problems an just dropped out of the business if memory serves me.
He said that he got divorced and got away from makin bullets . Think he makes knifes now . Seemed sad to me.

We had a bunch of photos of the different crowns in the "Gallery", but it looks like Photobucket has blured some of the pics. Others have been deleted. Wish we could archive our DWB pics.

We had a bunch of photos of the different crowns in the "Gallery", but it looks like Photobucket has blured some of the pics. Others have been deleted. Wish we could archive our DWB pics.
That was a good idea to take pictures of them. Too bad they got messed up!!! I wonder why there was different ones ??? You guys put all that info together ??? Wow !!!

Last edited:
Sounds like you have the funky crown which makes it a clerke.can you post a pic and I can tell you for sure .

Sounds like you have the funky crown which makes it a clerke.can you post a pic and I can tell you for sure .
Honestly wish i knew how !!! Pretty sad for an engineer eh ? What can i say....

Honestly wish i knew how !!! Pretty sad for an engineer eh ? What can i say....
Shoots like a house afire but my winchester410 shotgun self made sabots are a ***** to get started !!! There is NO TAPER to enter the bore . Crown is recessed and dead straight .

Back