Barrel I.D. ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You strained my noodle !!! Lmao !!! Well thats my baby !!!! Looks like 6 lands , need more coffee...

Last edited:
Ed's going to post a pic that I dug out of my vast storage of near useless information. I don't think the recessed target crown was just from one maker. I think Douglas, Wilson, and Criterion used that design and possibly others as well. But the "funky" funneled crown was only done by Bo Clerke. I preferred the "funky". :)

Ed's going to post a pic that I dug out of my vast storage of near useless information. I don't think the recessed target crown was just from one maker. I think Douglas, Wilson, and Criterion used that design and possibly others as well. But the "funky" funneled crown was only done by Bo Clerke. I preferred the "funky". :)
Cant say i blame you on that . Would a serial no. help ? Its s 29xx range .... By the way Hello Underclocked !!!

I never had any info on the relationship between serial numbers and barrel makers. Sorry. I'll go ahead and beat Ed to the picture :bang: ...

I never had any info on the relationship between serial numbers and barrel makers. Sorry. I'll go ahead and beat Ed to the picture :bang: ...

Yep i like the funky crown better too . Well i got what i got . Bo Clerke passed on little while ago i remember hearing that . Too bad . Doc sure specified good stuff !!! I got the deal of a lifetime on that 410 and the serial # is my day and month of my birthday too !!! I believe it was a "Jesus" thing for sure !!!! He's mighty good to me !!!!

I guess theres no way of pinning it down exactly who made the barrel then is there ??? By the way that old english "D" with antlers is a Michigan thing , Detroit Buck Club . Dont ask me i just liked it.....

Last edited:
We have just been around for a while...:dance2:
I still have a sample pack of hunter280man boolets. His were the go to at one time. He had some marital problems an just dropped out of the business if memory serves me.
Toytruck could you post pics of those hunter280man bullets you still have ??? Maybe even caliper them in the knurled and smooth areas if possible ??? Did he use pure lead ??? I dont cast but i can surely swedge some by hand then knurl them to fit my .4098 bore . I just dont know how big the straight shank should be before i knurl . That takes some time to figure out and if hunter280man put in the time and effort i know he knew where to start so he could finish it off knurling for best results . Thanks again !!! If not toytruck anybody else ???????

Last edited:
I would bet my dog it is a Wilson barrel.
Hey now be easy on fido lol !!! Guess tbat makes it a pretty sure thing !!! Pooches be important !!! I sure miss my Brittanys thats for sure , but ya gotta have birds around too.....

Last edited:
Hey now be easy on fido lol !!! Guess tbat makes it a pretty sure thing !!! Pooches be important !!! I sure miss my Brittanys thats for sure , but ya gotta have birds around too.....
Boy you guys are sharp on these Whites . Im impressed . That kind of dedication has deep roots......

8JtK58k.jpg

dYjrrKB.jpg

Latest posts

Back