Bead Blasting

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

flounder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
2,057
Anybody here have any experience bead blasting a barrel? Thinking about trying to do it myself and looking for tips. :idea:
 

dbowling

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
2,892
never even seen one that's been done that I know of, might look neat though.
 

edmehlig

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
2,682
I could be wrong but I thought White rifles were bead blasted?
 

jerseyjimk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Messages
104
My Knight came bead blasted from the factory, its stainless steel barrel. I like to look
 

flounder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
2,057
edmehlig said:
I could be wrong but I thought White rifles were bead blasted?
That's right, I'm thinking of restoring a rifle to its original finish.
 

toytruck

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
2,827
flounder said:
edmehlig said:
I could be wrong but I thought White rifles were bead blasted?
That's right, I'm thinking of restoring a rifle to its original finish.
Have you tried to contact Doc, he might be able to give some advise.
 

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
1,362
Most all my custom stainless guns are blasted using aluminum oxide media or fine silica sand.
At 60 psi blast pressure.

Then cleaned with naepta and hand rubbed with light oil and super fine scotch brite pad.
White ones.
 

BuckDoeHunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
3,139
bestill said:
Then cleaned with naepta and hand rubbed with light oil and super fine scotch brite pad.
White ones.
Did you mean Naphtha? Just making sure, I want to bead blast some of my rifles some day.
 

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
1,362
BuckDoeHunter said:
bestill said:
Then cleaned with naepta and hand rubbed with light oil and super fine scotch brite pad.
White ones.
Did you mean Naphtha? Just making sure, I want to bead blast some of my rifles some day.
Yes sir.
I definitely failed at spelling.
Brake cleaner works well also.

Plug all holes and i dont blast crown
 
Top