Been Gone for a While, Don't see Much on The Knight Disc Elite here Now?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Years back the Disc Elite and Extreme were Commonly Mention ML's don't see much about the Knight Disc Elite? It was not be one of the better ML's back then. Has the Elite lost it's popularity now that is no longer offered? Was there any known issues with that Model. Been Away for a While not kept up with Muzzleloading in a long time. Might get back into it with my Knight Disc Elite using Blackhorn 209 Powder I was just getting into this when lost interest in ML with having to find a way to measure the 209 Powder and get an exact repeat powder measured. And Finding the Best Breech Plug for Use with the 208 Powder. Has much changed?

What should I be looking for as now to good Breech set up and best ways to keep it clean and clear?

Thanks,
LFM

The Knight Ultra Lite has basically replaced the Elite. Similar lug, lighter weight and much nicer stock. You can upgrade your Elite to a Lehigh plug or the Bestill bushing plug. Both will use the same NFPJ adapter unless you want to go with the bare primer bolt body instead. Frankly i prefer the adapters in a FPJ bolt.

You clean both plugs with a 5/32 drill bit by hand. I use hex shank drill bits in a nut driver handle. Its the easiest way to keep the flash channel clear of carbon.

The Bestill plug is the best IMO. Its also made by Lehigh for Bestill Creations. Each plug is custom fit to your rifle and uses a tungsten carbide bushing instead of a vent liner. The bushings last a very very long time. Plugs were about $80 DIY or around $125 if you send it to Bestill.

The Lehigh plug is very good but uses a Savage type vent liner. You might need to shim the primer pocket for a perfect fit. None of mine did not by using a Win209 primer. Other primers are shorter and were not as clean.

Last edited:
Years back the Disc Elite and Extreme were Commonly Mention ML's don't see much about the Knight Disc Elite? It was not be one of the better ML's back then. Has the Elite lost it's popularity now that is no longer offered? Was there any known issues with that Model. Been Away for a While not kept up with Muzzleloading in a long time. Might get back into it with my Knight Disc Elite using Blackhorn 209 Powder I was just getting into this when lost interest in ML with having to find a way to measure the 209 Powder and get an exact repeat powder measured. And Finding the Best Breech Plug for Use with the 208 Powder. Has much changed?

What should I be looking for as now to good Breech set up and best ways to keep it clean and clear?

Thanks,
LFM

The DISC Extreme and Elite - were/are outstanding rifles! The DISC Extreme's are still available but the Elite has run it's course and Knight has introduced new models...

This is a pic of the current DISC Extreme that I have - not much difference if any on the older DEx

Western-DISC-Extreme.jpg

Starting with the new batch of BH-209 - Western says the it and future runs of BH should be consistent in measurement either by volume or weight. I am a hunter so I do use volume as recommended by Western - but if I were a paper shooter looking to score I would probably revert to weighing. But then there are some many variables to also consider not sure it would make a world of difference.

Thanks for the Info,
Will have to get back into the all the Specialty Items Again... I think I have a Older Lehigh Breech Plug But it has been a long time since I was into the ML Stuff. I have the Composite Thumbhole Knight Stock on my Elite. When Blackhorn 209 was just coming out was my last time I was interested in Shooting a ML. Will pull out my ML Box and Elite and see if I can figure out what I have...
Thanks!
LFM

Thanks for the Info,
Will have to get back into the all the Specialty Items Again... I think I have a Older Lehigh Breech Plug But it has been a long time since I was into the ML Stuff. I have the Composite Thumbhole Knight Stock on my Elite. When Blackhorn 209 was just coming out was my last time I was interested in Shooting a ML. Will pull out my ML Box and Elite and see if I can figure out what I have...
Thanks!
LFM

You will need to modify you old Knight BP to shoot BH consistently or better yet - get this conversion from Lehigh Defense. You will need the new primer adapter, breech plug, and vent liner

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/lehigh-disc-extreme-elite-parts.33149/

Love my Elite in 45 cal. I put a Boyds stock on it when they went on special. I use a Lehigh plug, adapter, and vent liner. Win. 209 primers are squeaky clean.
c4s0id1.jpg

It's always been a good shooter. It likes 120gr of BH209 with a 200gr SST or Barnes 195gr Expander in a Harvester light blue sabot. It's one of those rifles I would never part with.
nWdoXpu.jpg

I have an Elite .50 cal SS in a Knight thumb hole composite stock, incredible accuracy. The Elite is kind of like a White, the never go out of style!

I have a bull barrel Disc Extreme in .45, they should have never stopped making them

Attachments

• 20190113_084847_resized.jpg
    20190113_084847_resized.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 15202.jpeg
    15202.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 17
I really like that stock on your Elite, sharp looking.

Love my Elite in 45 cal. I put a Boyds stock on it when they went on special. I use a Lehigh plug, adapter, and vent liner. Win. 209 primers are squeaky clean.
c4s0id1.jpg

It's always been a good shooter. It likes 120gr of BH209 with a 200gr SST or Barnes 195gr Expander in a Harvester light blue sabot. It's one of those rifles I would never part with.
nWdoXpu.jpg
c4s0id1.jpg

nWdoXpu.jpg

I have Elites in 45 & 50 cal, my go-to M-L’s. I use the Lehigh plug with a bare CCIM primer. The same breech plug fits the 45 or 50 cal.

The Elites are getting a bit dated now, newer Knight fans are smitten by the Mountaineer and the ‘Ultra-lite’. Not a thing ‘wrong’ with the Elite.

SportsmanGuide is where I got My Disc Elite From years back when They Sold More Discontinues Products I got it for 250.00 maybe 300.00 as a kit with a Sling and some sabots a small start kit... I was looking at a Knight for a few years and the Elite was around 499.99 then. So when I saw it I got one Stainless and added a Knight Thumbhole Stock to it the following Year... But Life Got Busy and I lost Interested till Now... been reading through Other Threads on Cleaning, Breech Plugs and BH 209 which I still have a new Jug since It first came along sitting on the shelf... Along with Federal 209A Primers and such... Keep reading trying to get back into ML's...
Thanks for the Posts. And Sabotloader replies to my PM's!
LFM

20180916_102107.jpg 20181006_151112-1.jpg 20181006_130612.jpg Have had my Disc Elite stainless for 15 plus years and would not part with it. I took it on my LE antelope hunt because I had more confidence in it than my center fires. I managed to build one last year with new parts purchased on ebay.[

Thanks SuperKirby! All parts were new so it has not been fired yet. I had to do some work on the stock to fit the lug of the elite. Other than that it was simple and a lot of fun a piece at a time. Total cost was around $400. I gave it to my wife, hopefully she’ll want to put some rounds through it.

Thanks dwm, They are 50 cal. The rifle has alway shot very well but this was my best group, shot last summer.

I took a .50 Elite to RSA a few years back, shot real BP and Barnes Bullets. The results were 12 one shot kills on plains game animals big and small, out to about 120 yds.
It earned a spot as my favorite rifle. However I don’t own a Ultra Lite yet but there is always room at the top.

I really like that stock on your Elite, sharp looking.
Love the stock. Looks like it shoots as good as it looks. I may have to rethink my next stock purchase. I have a new plastic stock that was going on the stainless, maybe I’ll sell it and go with the Boyd’s.

I put my new to me elite 45 in an ultra lite stock I had , haven’t shot it yet but it is as bad a$$ as it can get

Latest posts

Back