Been reminiscing past muzzleloader hunts.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jealousssssss.... Elk is my dream hunt.
Last year was a HOOT for me. Calico, my Firehawk, and Autumn, my factory laminated TC Hawken, both doubled up in one day.
For Autumn, the first day of the early muzzleloader antlerless season. It was her first day in the woods!
Calico got her two, opening day of the regular gun season.

2019 & about 85 yards, Accura V2.

7jygJt4h.jpg

Holy cow!
What did that thing score? What a hammer! Congrats!

And the other one ain't no slouch either.... :drooling::drooling::drooling:
The 2020 crossbow buck gross score 185 3/8”. I hunted him all of the 2019 season and never saw him from the stand.
The 2004 muzzleloader buck gross score 178” and already had 5 small point broke off when I killed him.

I own 360 acres on the Salt Fork of the Arkansas river in NW Oklahoma and have killed 4 bucks over 170” since 2004 which was the first year I hunted it.

My Knight Wolverine 209 Extreme (Same thing as a Bighorn it seems if you change the breech plug) has yielded many a meal of fine Western mule deer for me. 777 ffg and a 285 Barnes Spitfire has been my favorite, but the 260 partition, 300 SST and 300 MZ Expander have all yielded meat on the table. Here is my best muley to date.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 7
My most exciting & enjoyable BP rifle hunt was when my grandson took his first ever buck using my CVA Accura V2. I was about 400 yards away when I heard the shot & then a loud yell "papa come quick"!

qNaPGS3h.jpg
X8aExcnh.jpg

Last edited:
The 2020 crossbow buck gross score 185 3/8”. I hunted him all of the 2019 season and never saw him from the stand.
The 2004 muzzleloader buck gross score 178” and already had 5 small point broke off when I killed him.

I own 360 acres on the Salt Fork of the Arkansas river in NW Oklahoma and have killed 4 bucks over 170” since 2004 which was the first year I hunted it.
Wow - makes me want to move to the big buck paradise of OK!

Wow - makes me want to move to the big buck paradise of OK!
Oklahoma is much like Kansas. There are some really nice bucks killed every year, but they’re not behind every bush like people think. After my ‘04 buck, I went 10 years without killing another “booner“ (meaning over 170“), but I was fortunate to kill 2 back to back in ‘14 and ‘15.

Latest posts

Back