Been too long.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....since I spent any good time in the shop making baits. I did these today using a technique called coring where a black core is injected into a hollow bait body. The black is used when I am working with color shifting pigments in quite clear plastic.

Seen first is a 1" shad style bait that features Delta color shifting color. This goes from the electric blue you see to an equally electric purple as the angle at which light hits the bait changes.

1UeGdVa.jpg

Next is a color shift called Andromeda that goes from the rich green to gold to purple to red, all dependent on the angle at which light hits the plastic. This stuff is uncanny. These 2 1/2" baits show the beautiful green stripe like a lateral line big time and the coral colored dye that the pigment comes mixed with adds a nice natural color to the minnow.

xHgnjUM.jpg

This bait is slightly over an inch long and hardly an 1/8" wide thru the body so getting a core color to work in it was a challenge....but I did it. The bait was designed with ice anglers in mind, but I can see it being a dandy when summer's heat has bug life going almost continually and especially good when fished near or in sunken wood on a very light jig.

Lqne72L.jpg

The 2 pics up top would DEFINITELY be my Choice Tom!! Those are very similar to my favorites i used out here for Crappie.

Here's my favorite color pattern for any bait....this is done on the smaller Bubba bait, as its called. And like those above with the black core, the chartreuse runs thru the center of the purple. The tail pieces were removed in the same way to get the chartreuse only two of the tentacles were taken out of the purple to get the two chartreuse ones. I have to wear GOOD glasses when working with these little baits and probably should get a microscope. lol

OBvEHDY.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another example of those small shad baits shown at the top of the thread. The color shifting pigment used in this picture here goes from green to gold to red when following the black core line. Just sitting in some shaded sun coming thru a window this is a pretty one.

YQLAPlj.jpg

I like them all!! I wonder how they would work in my neck of the woods? Do you sell them?

Here's another example of those small shad baits shown at the top of the thread. The color shifting pigment used in this picture here goes from green to gold to red when following the black core line. Just sitting in some shaded sun coming thru a window this is a pretty one.

YQLAPlj.jpg

YEA BUDDY!! Awesome looking Baits Tom!!

Back