Ben from West Virginia (now in Virginia)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I grew up in the best state in America (West Virginia) and if you don’t believe me ask someone from there. My opinion is completely unbiased, and is in no way influenced by my having grown up there....just kidding. I now live in the other Virginia and it’s a great state as well (if you black out the north eastern part of the state). I grew up shooting Muzzleloaders with my father but never really got into it enough to become proficient. Found an old .45 TC hawken second hand and rekindled my fondness for the Ole smokepole. Now I do an annual smokepole deer camp every January in WV as part of the heritage season started a few years ago.

My folks moved from Morgantown, WV in 46, to Texas. All states have good and bad. People are a lot more friendly in Texas, and we don't get that white stuff blocking the roads here. But we deal with hurricanes and mosquitoes the size of drilling rigs, not to mention humidity as high as the stars.

Welcome to the best front stuffing forum bar none. I shoot a savage 10ml2, the information here is outstanding.. Enjoy...

Hello, I grew up in the best state in America (West Virginia) and if you don’t believe me ask someone from there. My opinion is completely unbiased, and is in no way influenced by my having grown up there....just kidding. I now live in the other Virginia and it’s a great state as well (if you black out the north eastern part of the state). I grew up shooting Muzzleloaders with my father but never really got into it enough to become proficient. Found an old .45 TC hawken second hand and rekindled my fondness for the Ole smokepole. Now I do an annual smokepole deer camp every January in WV as part of the heritage season started a few years ago.

I know i have visited with ya elsewhere Here on the Forum, But here’s a Welcome to the Forum :lewis:

Latest posts

Back