Bench before/after

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heres a couple pics of my shooting bench I built on trailer, one before finished and 2 after.. still going to take fenders off and strip/straighten and repaint.. Going to mount a storage box up under front of bench to carry powder/ shooting rest etc. Has 2 coats of marine spar urethane so far may put a couple more on the top of bench.20200218_175817.jpg20200327_162402.jpg20200327_162418.jpg

Thanks...have to get new tires for sure, dont know how old those tires are but they are really old, were on there when I bought welder and took it off.. it was sitting in a old barn and tires were sunk at least 6 inches down in dirt.

Very nice job! What caught my eye was a way to keep your firearms secure. Here's what I came up with on my loading bench after a couple close calls. The gate pivots on the left.
I have something like yours in my closet to hold a bunch of guns only I stretch a bungee cord across them.

Very nice job! What caught my eye was a way to keep your firearms secure. Here's what I came up with on my loading bench after a couple close calls. The gate pivots on the left.
Great job on the trailer. That's probably the most unique idea I've seen so far. Will you add flip down "stabs" (stabilizers) to take the bounce out when firing? This was my idea for a loading helper at the range17072.jpeg17074.jpeg
You'll notice the very rare and unique paint roller muzzleloader in the bracket. Just part of my vast collection.
Neil

Great job on the trailer. That's probably the most unique idea I've seen so far. Will you add flip down "stabs" (stabilizers) to take the bounce out when firing? This was my idea for a loading helper at the rangeView attachment 8316View attachment 8317
You'll notice the very rare and unique paint roller muzzleloader in the bracket. Just part of my vast collection.
Neil
The trailer is very stable when sitting and shooting hardly any movement, but I may put trailer jacks on each corner later on if needed. Those paint roller muzzleloaders are hard to come by:)

The trailer is very stable when sitting and shooting hardly any movement, but I may put trailer jacks on each corner later on if needed. Those paint roller muzzleloaders are hard to come by:)
$46 for the set from etrailer and you can always use them for other projects.
shopping (2).jpeg

Great job on the trailer. That's probably the most unique idea I've seen so far. Will you add flip down "stabs" (stabilizers) to take the bounce out when firing? This was my idea for a loading helper at the rangeView attachment 8316View attachment 8317
Neil
I believe I'm going to copy that range rifle holder design. Been thinking about it for a while. Thanks !

I believe I'm going to copy that range rifle holder design. Been thinking about it for a while. Thanks !
Be my guest! I'm making another one that has sequenced compartments for

1. Solvent patch
2. Dry patch
3. Charge tube
4. Lube patch
5. Ball
The idea being you set it up each time you shoot and nothing gets forgotten between shots. I'm also going to add slots for my range rod and drop tube.
Neil

Heres a few more pics, built a box to carry everything (powder, rest etc) to/from shooting opens up on opposite side put 6 in pvc pipe on side of table that holds my 8ft umbrella for when shooting in sun and put piece of conduit back on to hold umbrella.. still need to take fenders off/repaint, get new tires and put marine spar urethane on box to seal it. Should be finished in a week or 2 depending on time available to work on it. Going to look for a adjustable stool like drummers use in a band that is height adjustable.
20200329_152240.jpg
20200329_152101.jpg20200329_152115.jpg

Heres a few more pics, built a box to carry everything (powder, rest etc) to/from shooting opens up on opposite side put 6 in pvc pipe on side of table that holds my 8ft umbrella for when shooting in sun and put piece of conduit back on to hold umbrella.. still need to take fenders off/repaint, get new tires and put marine spar urethane on box to seal it. Should be finished in a week or 2 depending on time available to work on it. Going to look for a adjustable stool like drummers use in a band that is height adjustable.
View attachment 8321
View attachment 8322View attachment 8323
Very cool build. Like to see it in action! Certainly looks like you covered just about everything. I mean, if it were me? I'd add a hotdog machine and a cooler for cold drinks but that's just me, lol. (I'm still trying to get a hotdog machine for my man cave)

Believe it or not I had a chance to buy one of the rotary hot dog machines last summer that came out of a convenient store, couldnt think of any reason to have it so passed. The cooler is not a bad idea for extended shooting sessions, Iver got a couple small ones I can mount one under back of table. Might even mount cooler on a fender, weld a bracket to hold it.

Latest posts

Back