Benched for this season…

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had 2 back surgery's 9 back injections a back stimulater done Physical therapy do not sleep more than 2 hours because the pain radiates down my legs Doctor said he could operate again but with my age 85 I may not pull through I can no longer stand or walk short distance w/o severe pain 03 Mossy I wish you all the luck in the world watch what you do (lifting Etc.) or you'll end up like me I do nothing and take oxycodone 15Mg every 6 hours

That’s awful Lou! Very sorry to here that. This sucks going through but to be told there’s no hope would be really tough! I was lucky in the fact I was in pretty good shape before this so the muscle is there to help recover and I should bounce back after some time!

You’ll continue to be in my prayers Lou!

I have had 2 back surgery's 9 back injections a back stimulater done Physical therapy do not sleep more than 2 hours because the pain radiates down my legs Doctor said he could operate again but with my age 85 I may not pull through I can no longer stand or walk short distance w/o severe pain 03 Mossy I wish you all the luck in the world watch what you do (lifting Etc.) or you'll end up like me I do nothing and take oxycodone 15Mg every 6 hours
I'm sorry to hear of another going through this. When's the last time you hunted and where?

280bravo- I love that thank you!

I think things are really heading in the right direction now. Haven’t used the walker in a few days which feels like a huge accomplishment. Outside I use both hiking sticks and inside I am just using one. The pain on my spine itself has really gone down. Now it’s just the extreme soreness in my back muscles that’s the biggest issue.

Our youth deer season is this weekend and we normally go to the farm which is a 3.5 hour drive. That wasn’t going to happen. I have been able to make the 200 yard hike through our woods to sit in our ground blind with my son. It’s not easy but he’s so excited about hunting this year he have to suck it up and get out there with him to fuel that fire.

You sir are a good man!!
Biting the bullet to spend time with you son and take him hunting.
I feel the same when with my daughter and the grand boys.
Stay tough and be pain free soon.
Glenn

The past week things have really started to improve. The pulling pain is still there but I am getting around way better and more confident. Can’t sit for more than 20 mins at a time cause it starts to hurt. Had my 6 week post op X-rays and appointment just now. He said X-rays looked good and the hardware is still nicely in place. The pulling pain when I sit still is just part of the healing but could also be a slight movement of the lower hardware. Still on the same restrictions for the next 6 weeks. If that pain gets worse they will do a CAT scan to check. Overall it went well just more patience needed and keep doing what we are doing. No therapy suggested yet either.

As we got done I asked him what his thoughts were on shooting during the muzzleloader season. He said go for it but still no lifting! That’s still 2 weeks away so hopefully I’ll really feel up to it then!

Back