Benched for this season…

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers sent.
You are still young and strong. You should recover fine with your family support, prayers and determination.
Watching the kids fill their tags is definitely more rewarding than filling one for yourself.
Good Luck to you and your children this season.

it has been a damn rough 2 days!! Didn’t know this kind of pain was possible. Dr says surgery went great tho and the first few days are going to be the worst. Trying to stay possible and focus on the big picture.

03mossy

I am not far behind you mossy. I would suggest you have a lot people around you that really do want you to remain a man of this world. Do the best you can to take care of yourself and all those around you that also need your support.

Stay tough!
And I'm close to calling my doc and going the same route. Just trying to salvage this season in Virginia and do the surgery in January or February. Or as a friend calls it "Bitching Season". That's when most hunting seasons are over and spring fishing hasn't got started. But those yellow perch are fun also and that's very good in bitching season.

Prayers that the healing process is quick.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    988.8 KB · Views: 0
it has been a damn rough 2 days!! Didn’t know this kind of pain was possible. Dr says surgery went great tho and the first few days are going to be the worst. Trying to stay possible and focus on the big picture.
Hang in there Mossy. Recently went thru something similar.. I had compression fractures of the 3rd and 4th Lumbar back in 1978 and subsequent (finally) fusion surgery the February before last (almost 2 years ago). Unfortunately there was some nerve damage during procedure and ended up with a spinal cord stimulator and battery pack installed. Long process, but slowly getting there. Prayers sent.

Hang in there Mossy. Recently went thru something similar.. I had compression fractures of the 3rd and 4th Lumbar back in 1978 and subsequent (finally) fusion surgery the February before last (almost 2 years ago). Unfortunately there was some nerve damage during procedure and ended up with a spinal cord stimulator and battery pack installed. Long process, but slowly getting there. Prayers sent.
Some mornings i could use a spinal cord stimulator, but i will settle for coffee

Some mornings i could use a spinal cord stimulator, but i will settle for coffee
The stimulator is providing some relief, however, the wifer (remember, they love being called 'wifer') gets a nasty twitch in her neck when I push the wrong button. This reaction is usually accompanied by a strong nasal overtones of hot sulphur with a chorus of Latin phrases spoken in reverse. I thought she liked that button. Guess not.

Got home from the hospital late yesterday afternoon. Still waiting to hit the point of “this will be worth it”. Cause as of right now this pain is just unreal.

Got home from the hospital late yesterday afternoon. Still waiting to hit the point of “this will be worth it”. Cause as of right now this pain is just unreal.
Nothing wrong with asking for increased pain medications. They like holding back on it. The second day after my original knee replacement, I couldn't stand the pain so I called the doc's office. They changed it from 5mg to 15mg, which helped greatly.
I know, its tough but, let's hope in the long run it was for the best. You'll get through it.

Today was the first day I have felt there has been progress. Overall I’d say this was my best day in 3 months! I was able to do a few laps around the inside of the house using my hiking sticks instead of the walker which felt great. I hate this walker! It’s just such a weird feeling being so unstable. I feel if I lean to far one way I’ll tip right over. Pain was very much still there today but that too was the lowest it’s been yet. Hopefully I have turned a corner and things will continue to improve. We also figured out to take my meds on time instead of waiting for the pain to get worse. My wife has been great helping me through this. We had our 20th anniversary on the 21st and she gets to take care of me as a celebration lol.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of us are having health problems. You are in our prayers

Ups and downs… I’ll have a day where I really feel that things are improving then the next day is awful! The biggest issue right now is the lower left side of my new hardware feel is like someone is really tugging on it, very weird (painful) feeling. I had all the staples removed and a follow up appt on Thursday. Dr said everything looks like it’s supposed to. I am still using a walker 90% of the time. I really have to focus on walking strait. It’s a struggle because I walked hunched over and leaning to the right for 3 months before the surgery and apparently my back muscles now think that’s the way I need to walk. I don’t notice it but my amazing nurse (wife) keeps pointing out that even when I think I am standing strait I’m not. It’s going to take some serious physical therapy to correct all that. I asked the Dr when I could start therapy and she just laughed and said all I can do is walk until the 6 week X-rays. I really want to get to that point so I can start helping myself get better and stronger.

Appreciate all the support here!!

Latest posts

Back