Berger 87VLD HUNTING 243 load data anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Subject line says it all. I acquired three boxes of them. I don’t have a Berger r/l book.
Would appreciate if anyone can send a page pic of this combination.

TBD or TBA. lol kidding. I got a deal on three boxes of them.
Initially had them in mind for some of my AR 6mm-223’s. Had to single load to get any accuracy. Crap.

So I’m loading for a friend. Forester Sako.
Starting off targets.
Has farms so maybe varmints. TBD
Has a hunting camp so whitetail maybe in mix. TBA

Long story wrap up. I just want to be gone of em. lol Good bullets just not in my application.

Didn’t know that. Anyone using these pills in their 243?
BTW, I did get a load from Berger using StaBall 6.5.
Looking into Superperformance loads as well.
Looks like 4350 is a go to.
And I have those powders.

I was always taught to us the same bullet to practice with that you Hunt with .My deer load for 243 is 41.5 powder 4350 IMR nosler 95 grain stock #24095 or 95 grain 51040 with Remington large primer 9.50 (good luck finding) this just flats deer

A 243 Winchester with the appropriate bullet in the right hands is a beautiful thing.

Ill stop now, think Im leading this thread astray.

I have used this bullet in a .243WSSM for whitetail. It worked at close to 400 yards.
I am sure it will work in a standard .243 if your rifle likes them.

I am a big berger fan. I bought a 500 ct box of berger 243 cal 70gr hp. That bullet was discontinue. I sold most of my other brand rifle bullets and bought alot of bergers back few yrs ago. My coyote rifle is a 204 ruger with 35 or 40 gr berger hp. Mostly 35gr berger with H4895 thats my truck gun. I killed several big hogs with it lately. Not a fan of the berger data book. I have one wish they would update a new one.

Latest posts

Back