Best Buck With a Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter and I were finished and getting ready to come down the stand from the morning hunt about 6 years ago. It was then that a bachelor herd of 5 buck came on the scene. My daughter insisted I take the first shot. This was only because for each of the two previous years she had taken two bucks larger then anything I had ever taken in my entire hunting career. After my shot the other four went in the opposite direction of mine. Her deer decided to come back looking for his now dead buddy. She shoots the CVA Accura MR and I use the CVA Accura V2. Her deer actually aged one year older then mine.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

My daughter and I were finished and getting ready to come down the stand from the morning hunt about 6 years ago. It was then that a bachelor herd of 5 buck came on the scene. My daughter insisted I take the first shot. This was only because for each of the two previous years she had taken two bucks larger then anything I had ever taken in my entire hunting career. After my shot the other four went in the opposite direction of mine. Her deer decided to come back looking for his now dead buddy. She shoots the CVA Accura MR and I use the CVA Accura V2. Her deer actually aged one year older then mine.
View attachment 13260View attachment 13260

WOW!!! What a great memory that you guys have! Both with muzzleloaders!

View attachment 13260View attachment 13260

That's a great effort and with your daughter to boot.

I really hope my kids want to be hunters when they're older. My old man got lucky, all three of us boys love it and one of my sisters does too. The other hunts but only here and there.

I have several mule deer that make the muzzleloader record book if I chose to do it. That said this is my best. I got him in 1997, I watched him all summer and it paid off. His gross score is 193

apBkGF4.jpg

1Cz6P4Q.jpg

I have a few antelope that all make the Muzzleloader book this guys is the best.

2WB2Yna.jpg

I have several mule deer that make the muzzleloader record book if I chose to do it. That said this is my best. I got him in 1997, I watched him all summer and it paid off. His gross score is 193

apBkGF4.jpg

1Cz6P4Q.jpg

I have a few antelope that all make the Muzzleloader book this guys is the best.

2WB2Yna.jpg

That was a DANDY Buck Ron :lewis:

The Buck you killed with a Broke off tine in HIS Face Was another DANDY

Last edited:

apBkGF4.jpg

1Cz6P4Q.jpg

2WB2Yna.jpg
That’s a heck of a buck Ron!

apBkGF4.jpg

1Cz6P4Q.jpg

2WB2Yna.jpg
Those are some dandy bucks! Congrats!

apBkGF4.jpg

1Cz6P4Q.jpg

2WB2Yna.jpg

Holy moly mate that's a pearler! How far was the shot?

Great antelope too, I think they're a beautiful animal.

Holy moly mate that's a pearler! How far was the shot?

Great antelope too, I think they're a beautiful animal.

Actually I missed the first two shots at the mule deer. I was so shook up. I finally got it together and got it done. The killing shot was 200 yards.

This was the one that Lewis was talking about. It had a antler jammed into his face. The wound was rotten and the cape was ruined. You can see the wound below his eye on his right side.

mZ1BPxk.jpg

So I used the cape off this buck to mount the buck with.

5sEtYeV.jpg

This was the final outcome.

bonyc6v.jpg

This was the one that Lewis was talking about. It had a antler jammed into his face. The wound was rotten and the cape was ruined. You can see the wound below his eye on his right side.

mZ1BPxk.jpg

So I used the cape off this buck to mount the buck with.

5sEtYeV.jpg

This was the final outcome.

bonyc6v.jpg

That’s Him, He was A BRUTE :lewis: Mule Deer are funny when it comes to Eyeguards, Some have them, But many Don’t? Even these BIG Fully Mature Bucks. The area you hunt must not be Known for them?

I use to hunt Mule Deer a LOT with my Bow Years ago in Eastern Wa, The areas i hunted mostly were not known for Great Eyeguards, But Ellensburg Wa was known for them, Makes no sense? These Whitetail on the other hand almost ALL have them, They can have them from the time they are a Spike, I have seen Many little Spike Bucks here with Decent Size Eyeguards. Weird how it works

Back