Best Powder Measure and Flask?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowler1

Reaction score
Hi,
I am moving from using M777 pellets to Buckhorn powder and will be using it in a T/C Encore. I have read many good things about the Buckhorn and my local Cableas only had it in powder form. I don't know if it comes in pellets and I have read some things online about powder being providing superior performance to pellets in many instances.

Can anyone recommend to me what powder measure / flask I should get? I know there are a ton of options but most seem to be cheaply made. Can anyone recommend something of good quality or higher accuracy? Not sure if there is much difference, but I like to buy the right thing the first time.

thanks
Matt

Blackhorn 209. Nope, no pellet option just loose.

I’ve used a brass powder measure like this one for 35 years. I’m sure it will last another 35. Some guys like a see through measurer.

5A693117-FD41-4FCF-98FA-897B1F3A2DFC.jpeg

As for a flask. I have never used one. I keep the powder in its bottle, pour with a funnel top and keep extra loads in speed loaders while hunting.

Hi,
I am moving from using M777 pellets to Buckhorn powder and will be using it in a T/C Encore. I have read many good things about the Buckhorn and my local Cableas only had it in powder form. I don't know if it comes in pellets and I have read some things online about powder being providing superior performance to pellets in many instances.

Can anyone recommend to me what powder measure / flask I should get? I know there are a ton of options but most seem to be cheaply made. Can anyone recommend something of good quality or higher accuracy? Not sure if there is much difference, but I like to buy the right thing the first time.

thanks
Matt
No on the flask, use plastic vials with tight fitting tops, inexpensive and practical, can also store spare bullets and primers in them too. Leave the powders in their original packaging always for your safety..IMO…

Latest posts

Back