Bestill UltraLite Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What brand of Gun Oil are you using Jeff? Back when i tried this I found that the Gun oil i tried (Red Lucas) Reacted to the Teflon tape and Made a mess out of it, i used a Very small amount, it was almost like it Desolved/melted it?

Redl lucas synthetic gun oil is exactly what I use. I have tried many different oils and for me this is my favorite.

Most of my range trips are 40 -50 shots and during nmlra nationals week i will shoot 400 plus shots in 5 days so i will definitely not be running a dry plug since I don't remove plug that particular week.

Just clean bore and keep shooting.

Thanks for the oil tip - I have been using Montana X-treme Bore Conditioner and it has really been great! But I have ordered some Lucas and will give that a shot!

Jeff your shot information is what I am referring to when I say if I were constantly shooting targets for ???? - I would CERTAINLY have your breech plug. Really I should say ONE of the types of BP that you offer for Knights.

mike

Thanks for the oil tip - I have been using Montana X-treme Bore Conditioner and it has really been great! But I have ordered some Lucas and will give that a shot!

Jeff your shot information is what I am referring to when I say if I were constantly shooting targets for ???? - I would CERTAINLY have your breech plug. Really I should say ONE of the types of BP that you offer for Knights.

mike
I totally understand your statement about competitive shooting.

That's absolutely why i offer 4 different systems for knight bolt guns but personally if I shot a knight very little i would still definitely enjoy my knight muzzleloader much more if didn't leak and burn out flash hole quickly.

These knight upgrades were developed to help knight shooters definitely not to get rich small production quantities are costly but I truly enjoy when people report they now enjoy their muzzle loading experience now much better

I totally understand your statement about competitive shooting.

That's absolutely why i offer 4 different systems for knight bolt guns but personally if I shot a knight very little i would still definitely enjoy my knight muzzleloader much more if didn't leak and burn out flash hole quickly.

These knight upgrades were developed to help knight shooters definitely not to get rich small production quantities are costly but I truly enjoy when people report they now enjoy their muzzle loading experience now much better
Would you mind sharing what those 4 options are Jeff ?? Im sure many of us would like to know more about these products .
Id also like to thank you for sharing about the gas cutting.....

Would you mind sharing what those 4 options are Jeff ?? Im sure many of us would like to know more about these products .
Id also like to thank you for sharing about the gas cutting.....
I was hoping for exactly the same thing. I think there is an LRMP module option that very much has my interest., just from looking at pics on the face book.

Bless you back as well !!! Jeff what are you asking for those sleeves that use a 700 asg plug with moduals ?? I assume they would also thread into a Std. 700 ml barrel correct ??
Slightly off topic but not really......
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....
You did say the sleeves were available seperately right ??

Last edited:
don't know why i couldn't find that video on the face book. i thought i looked at all Bestill's vids about Knights. not a regular user of FB, so i just may not be good at finding what im looking for, but i am sure interested in the bolt nose mod for 209 and savage bp setup. I really like the lrmp module version but like Jeff says, it's a bit pricey.

Next time I shoot and remove my plug, I'll take a photo of it as it comes out. Not a Knight, but still rear sealing. I know I mentioned this once before, but there's no crud/particles showing like in Ron's photo, even when shooting 84/120grs. I'm thinking that has to do with the modules ?

I remembered that I stated I'd take a photo of my breech plug after shooting. I sent 15 rounds today playing with charges and different bullets.

Plug comes out easily and the tape unwraps easily too.

IMG_1921.JPG

Brush off any excess tape that didn't unwrap, wipe the plug.

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

I know this is an older thread but would like to bump it for some more information....

The one piece breech plug and flame cutting: how much of an issue is this in a 50 cal with blackhorn 100 grain by volume loads?

I’m really struggling with the 1 piece or 2 piece mod he mentions in his video. I guess I’m just trying to get a gauge for the longevity of it?

Looks like installation went well.

Loctite the 2 pc together and fitting into your rifle works great especially in normal loads in a 50 cal

Looking at photos looks like flame cutting of front sealing surface is happening and is difficult to stop.

Red loctite the outer sleeve in place will stop flame cutting and utilize plugs design and rear seal.

Yes removing sleeve is tricky but using a expandable 9/16 ×18 extraction tool and heat will come right out.

But of course thru testing i had to have these specialty tools made.

Glad plug is working!
Thanks Jeff
Jeff,
cannot locate your company on web. How do I order one of your breech plugs for a White?

Back