BH 209 Weight vs Volume

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmhuntr

Reaction score
So I was at the range the other day shooting my CVA at 100 gr BH209 Volume per the load data table. The way I read the table that would be the same as 70 gr by weight but when I started weighing my loads to try and ensure consistency I noticed the 70 gr by weight was only about 90gr by volume. Is this normal? It seams odd to me that the numbers would not match.

One of the main reasons BH and Western Powders suggest that you use a volume measure versus a scale is that different lot numbers of the powder weigh out differently, but... the volume measure normally maintains nearly the same results for each lot.

Makes sense. I filled one tune to 100 (eyeballed) and then measured the weight. I then filled all tubes with that weight. That will be more consistent than my bad eyes😁

thanks

Makes sense. I filled one tune to 100 (eyeballed) and then measured the weight. I then filled all tubes with that weight. That will be more consistent than my bad eyes😁

thanks

How many grains did it measure?

That was shocking, the difference between trickling the charge and dumping the charge on Besthill's video.

Latest posts

Back