BH209 Myth ?????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had bloopers using win 209 primer, wool wads and the 45 cal “I bullet ina clean barrel. Same , same using poly wads and veggies. Failures were all in the mountaineer.
I’d like to see the same demonstration using a knight mountaineer and a 209 primer.
The video clearly shows that a rifle with the LRMP module will ignite BH209 powder.

I’ve had bloopers using win 209 primer, wool wads and the 45 cal “I bullet ina clean barrel. Same , same using poly wads and veggies. Failures were all in the mountaineer.
I’d like to see the same demonstration using a knight mountaineer and a 209 primer.
The video clearly shows that a rifle with the LRMP module will ignite BH209 powder.
If I had a Mountaineer, I'd try for you.

I use BH in a 20 year old DISC rifle with a Lehigh bare primer plug with OLD Win 209 shotgun primers and never had it not ignite properly.

So just thinking out loud here. What would cause a squib load if this ignites with just a wad? I had this happen to me twice using federal 209a primers and a clear flash channel

So just thinking out loud here. What would cause a squib load if this ignites with just a wad? I had this happen to me twice using federal 209a primers and a clear flash channel
The reason is all associated with the ignition system. A perfect ignition system, module or 209, will ignite it. A PP breech plug design may have issues.
Had someone suggest that I do another video without using a wad....... I guess you'd have to keep the barrel up........

Well at $80 US for just 12 ounces of BH209, it better be the ultimate best stuff ever made for shooting in a muzzle loader. Otherwise I will pass.

Correct, 8 oz container is currently selling for $70-$80 Ridiculously expensive for simply throwing lead down range. Make every shot count !

Latest posts

Back