BIG .50 Cal Paper Patch

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Getting a few of my HEAVY Weight 50s ready to test in my Soon to be .50 Cal 32” 1-24 Twist Match Grade Rice Barrel.

620 Grains Cast of 1-20 Alloy, 630 Grains Cast of PURE Lead
xfxj3JK.jpg

80z1A5t.jpg

Nice , I guess the barrel is 4140? What are the bore and grove size lew? Be waiting for the results.

Nice , I guess the barrel is 4140? What are the bore and grove size lew? Be waiting for the results.

That is correct, Rice BULLET Barrels are 4140 Chromoly. I’m not sure what he uses for his Roundball Barrels?

below was in the email Jason of RICE Barrels sent me

Rice 50 cal FAST TWIST with a 1-24” twist with a groove depth of .0035 - .004 for both bullet and sabot. ( made out of 4140 crome molly steel)

I would assume the Bore Diameter to be .501, I won’t know for sure til i get it

GMB used to list a 1-24 cut rifled as .500 x .510 iirc. So it probably close to that i would imagine. Tolerances on cut rifled barrel are often better than button.

Oh man Lewis!!! Where can I get ahold of some!!
I need to get ahold of ya lol

Good to see you Kory! We need to get together and do some Shooting, This Coming Spring i will be AFTER it HARD :lewis:

Ok sounds good I will be there!!! Oh and by the way I need a schooling on the Lewis’s school of Muzzelloader 101

Back