Big buck tenderloins for supper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I grilled both tenderloins of the big buck I shot early in the season. It only got L&P Worcestershire sauce with a light sprinkle of Montreal Steak seasoning 30 min before grilling.
The orange stuff is a pumpkin risotto with carrots, onions, pumpkin chunks, rosemary & spices in a cream sauce. It’s excellent. Then the 3 veg medley steamed.

Attachments

• CED6B447-47F9-43DD-862E-85DCB848FF74.jpeg
    CED6B447-47F9-43DD-862E-85DCB848FF74.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 23E297A2-DFC0-496B-B306-2A529407FE72.jpeg
    23E297A2-DFC0-496B-B306-2A529407FE72.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 8978C7E7-540E-4A16-9CD1-07223FDCF6FA.jpeg
    8978C7E7-540E-4A16-9CD1-07223FDCF6FA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Man, that looks good! I always fix more than for one meal, even better the next days.
Thanks, Its as good as it looks. Me too, I always cook to have more than one meal. I think that tomorrow I'll make mashed taters & some German mushroom Jager sauce with fire roasted mixed veggies in a balsamic sauce. I still have a cpl Becks beers to wash it all down with too.

Looking good Ninering. I've been eating a lot of the venison burger. Very tender and delicious. The butcher packaged them two# at a time. I would have preferred them in one# packages. Oh well. Gonna try a roast in the crockpot this weekend.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I love a good burger & we eat a lot of deer burger here. I make some with just deer meat & fresh cut beef suet 80/20 mix and I make deer/bacon burger with 10% hickory smoked bacon ends & scraps, 10% beef suet, 80% deer meat. I only put 60lbs of it in the freezer this yr, I'm worried it won't last until next Oct. I've always made up 1lb pks of burger, but this yr it was just too much work for me to do by myself & I didn't have enough bags to do that here. Plus when I'm grilling burgers,1lb isn't enough, I always have to take out 2 pks. So this yr I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup, filled it 8 times with burger & thats the amount that went into each 1qt freezer bags.
Enjoy your deer roast in the crock pot, I do them a cpl diff ways & the crock pot - potroast style is always a hit.

That looks good! I'm going to be fixing some venison chili in the crockpot tomorrow! Absolutely love the venison burgers!
Thanks, jd
I was just sayin last wk that I wanted to make another pot of deer chili bc we had a lil cold spell with freezing temps - in north Florida. I’ve never been a big chili fan, but on the rare occasion I’ll run across some chili that is outstanding. I made a big pot of it a few months ago with 2lbs my deer/bacon burger in it ( totally flyin by the seat of my pants with the whole thing ) and I was blown away at how good it turned out. I’ve been wanting to make more of it. I posted about it with a pic.
Here’s my deer/bacon burgers with cheddarjack & provolone cheese on them, they are bun sized, between 1/4 & 1/3 lb
I’m due to make some with mushrooms & Swiss too.
GM54-120 has a thread for deer/game recipes ( I don’t remember what it’s called offhand ) that there are some incredibly good ones posted. Someone posted in that thread about doin a teriyaki, mustard,sriracha mix on back straps then grilling them that I just have to try this yr. I have a bunch of back strap packs in the freezer. Enjoy

Attachments

• 5EB68A4D-39C0-4E24-B67F-08971E0884E0.jpeg
    5EB68A4D-39C0-4E24-B67F-08971E0884E0.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • C509EB58-748E-4033-8B40-7D29A723835E.jpeg
    C509EB58-748E-4033-8B40-7D29A723835E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I've always made up 1lb pks of burger, but this yr it was just too much work for me to do by myself & I didn't have enough bags to do that here. Plus when I'm grilling burgers,1lb isn't enough, I always have to take out 2 pks. So this yr I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup, filled it 8 times with burger & thats the amount that went into each 1qt freezer bags.
I quit weighing out burger and just started eyeballing it. I take a big handful of ground and wrap it in the freezer paper. I check a couple once in a while and usually come out at about 1.5 pounds which is near perfect for me and wife, makes almost perfect for any recipes or 4 burgers.

I quit weighing out burger and just started eyeballing it. I take a big handful of ground and wrap it in the freezer paper. I check a couple once in a while and usually come out at about 1.5 pounds which is near perfect for me and wife, makes almost perfect for any recipes or 4 burgers.
Your way is deff faster than mine & the 1.5 avg is a good avg portion for 2 ppl & makin 4 nice fat burgers. I always like havin a lil extra meat in all the recipes that are designed around having 1 lb of meat in them.

Thanks, jd
I was just sayin last wk that I wanted to make another pot of deer chili bc we had a lil cold spell with freezing temps - in north Florida. I’ve never been a big chili fan, but on the rare occasion I’ll run across some chili that is outstanding. I made a big pot of it a few months ago with 2lbs my deer/bacon burger in it ( totally flyin by the seat of my pants with the whole thing ) and I was blown away at how good it turned out. I’ve been wanting to make more of it. I posted about it with a pic.
Here’s my deer/bacon burgers with cheddarjack & provolone cheese on them, they are bun sized, between 1/4 & 1/3 lb
I’m due to make some with mushrooms & Swiss too.
GM54-120 has a thread for deer/game recipes ( I don’t remember what it’s called offhand ) that there are some incredibly good ones posted. Someone posted in that thread about doin a teriyaki, mustard,sriracha mix on back straps then grilling them that I just have to try this yr. I have a bunch of back strap packs in the freezer. Enjoy
The venison and bacon burgers look awesome! Usually I put some lipton beefy mushroom mix in my burgers and a piece of cheddar cheese! Me and my boy love em! The mushroom and swiss sure sound good too!

The venison and bacon burgers look awesome! Usually I put some lipton beefy mushroom mix in my burgers and a piece of cheddar cheese! Me and my boy love em! The mushroom and swiss sure sound good too!
Thanks, your idea sounds really good too. I do my stuffed meatloaf pretty close to that. I am wonderin how these burgers will taste with sauteed mushrooms & onions in butter then top the swiss burger with it and a lil smear of Goulden's Spicy Brown Mustard will taste

Latest posts

Back