Billie Goat.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
goat8-20-05.jpg

White .504 Thunderbolt, 496 grain NEW, 75 gr. of 777 at about 135 yards, peep sight.

Really nice goat there! Appreciate you sharing your trophy pic!

JP,
nice goat!!!
wonder what that woul be like b a r b e q u e d :!: :idea: :?:
Pocampo

There was about thirty goats in the herd, had to climb about a thousand feet in elevation, two miles from the truck to get there. Thought I got busted when the herd started moving away but heard some kind of ruckus going on. This billie and another were locking horns. Didn't have a good shot at the second one when he stopped running to look back. After retrieving this one, started down the mountain and the herd moved right by me about a 125 yards up. Didn't shoot, most of the way up at that point is pretty much vertical five foot hops to the next ledge. Didn't want to do that again.

JP,Had a friend in the navy stationed there years ago.He had to hunt something.He killed a goat while there.He said the billie was self tenderized by the time he got down off the mountain with it.Couldn't hold on to rock face and goat at same time.The goat would tumble 25-50 at times. :D :D

That happened to me about a time or two or three or........ :roll: :D

Latest posts

Back