Binoculars

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HC

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new pair of bino s. I wear glasses so normal Binoculars don’t work very well. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Binoculars

I have the Leupold BX-3 Mojave 10x42mm. Love them. I don't wear regular glasses but I always have sun glasses on the second I step out of the house. These binos have twist up and down eye cups that make it so they work with or with out glasses on. Crystall clear glass. I can stare through them for hours and never get eye strain.

I used Lieca bino's for the last 20 plus years first pair 7x42 large field of view and has lens caps that adjust for glasses or no glasses.Acouple years ago i decided i needed range finding bino's so went with the Lieca 10x50 geovid hd have ranged telephone poles out my livingroom window at just under 2000 yards.
Leica's arn't cheap but worth the cost imo.Kinda depends on budget and what you want

herschel conyers said:
Looking to purchase a new pair of bino s. I wear glasses so normal Binoculars don’t work very well. Suggestions?

You want the Twist Up cup style for eye glass wear, or Non, with Glasses you will keep the Eye cups down. I bought a pair of Vortex Diamondback 12X50s (200.00) for Stil hunting Whitetail deer from a Ways away (300-400 yards) I really like them, they have the Twist Up eye cups for non, and Eye glass wear. I also have a pair of Redfield 10X50s (made by Leupold) These also have the Twist up Eye Cups. I prefer the 10X50s for normal everyday use due to the Extra field of view, The 12X50s have quite a bit less FOV and it definitely makes a big difference in tighter quarters (I don’t like them for that purpose) The 12X50s are awesome for my use (longer ranges) spotting details like horn points. The Redfields were like 125-150 bucks. Both the Vortex And Redfield are good/decent Glass. Leupold has several good ones as well, i wish my Binos had the lockable diopter instead of the Twist style. Leupold makes a couple pairs with the lockable diopter but I cannot remember the name/names of them? My dad has a pair and I really like them

Thanks to all for the reply’s. I’ll be looking for a pair in the lower price range.

herschel conyers said:
Thanks to all for the reply’s. I’ll be looking for a pair in the lower price range.

Maybe look at some different Nikon’s, I have 2 of their Scopes now, the Clarity is right up there with the BIG DOLLAR Dogs!

Binos, like Scopes can get STUPID Expensive! I would absolutely LOVE to own a pair of Swarovski EL 10X42s but at 2,500 bucks it’s a TOUGH purchase! If money weren’t an issue i would definitely buy a Pair, They are the Most amazing Binos i have ever had to my eyes, in fact i have always said that they make my eyes seem better than they are. Maybe one day

I have a pair of Bushnell 8X32 that do well for me. They are clear and nice si

I have a pair of Bushnell 8X32 that do well for me. They are light weight focus good, medium size, clear, and nice size field of view. One lens adjust for difference in eye power plus eye cups. Works well for me as I wear bi-focal lens prescription. The price is affordable also.

Not sure I will invest more in because these work very good.

I ended up with Leupold cascades 10x42. They are working really well so far.

herschel conyers said:

Does the Cascades have the Lockable Diopter? If so, that is the Model my Dad Has, AWESOME Bino’s :yeah:

Idaholewis said:
herschel conyers said:

Does the Cascades have the Lockable Diopter? If so, that is the Model my Dad Has, AWESOME Bino’s :yeah:
Yes the diopter is lockable. My son has 2 pairs of cascades and loaned me a set to use during the firearms season. I was pretty much sold on them, then he bought a new set (still sealed in factory pkg) off eBay and exchanged with me, We had to wrestle a little bit but he finally took payment for them.

herschel conyers said:
Idaholewis said:
herschel conyers said:

Yes the diopter is lockable. My son has 2 pairs of cascades and loaned me a set to use during the firearms season. I was pretty much sold on them, then he bought a new set (still sealed in factory pkg) off eBay and exchanged with me, We had to wrestle a little bit but he finally took payment for them.

Good deal! I was able to look through my Dad’s today, they are indeed the Cascade model. I wish all manufacturers would use the Lockable Diopter, They are SLICK! The standard turn ring Diopter styles are notorious for loosing adjustment, i have to mess with both pairs of my Bino’s a few times a year due to accidentally turning them. Enjoy the Cascade’s they are Darn good Bino’s :yeah:

I have a small pair of 8x Vortex's and a larger pair of 8x Leupolds , both with twist up eye cups. They both work well and have their place.
Dennis

Already bought?
If not then you can look at Orion binoculars at Reecoupons.
I have been using their binocular for almost a year.
It gives very sharp images and it has very lightweight.
I am pretty sure you will also like it.

Very much late to this but,,,,,,,,,,,,,but always an interesting subject.
I have owned many different brands of binocs. ( for example: Loopies,Burr's,Nikeys,Vorstx,Steins and more)
Once I bought the Leica's it became quite clear I didn't need any other or needed to look further. They are simply superb.
For my hunting I have the Leica Trinovid in 8x20 and 10x25. Nice and small and easy to the eyes. They are so sharp and clear one would think they are higher power of magnification than indicated.

very much agree with BP45CAL

Latest posts

Back