Bison barreled action ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Man there is an MK 85 stock on the classifieds that looks just like my 504 bison stock. Any DWB's have a Bison and an MK 85 at home that could see how far off the stocks are as far as barrel /action "fitablity". Merry Christmas.

Ive got both let me check and I will get back with you.

Harleysboss said:
Man there is an MK 85 stock on the classifieds that looks just like my 504 bison stock. Any DWB's have a Bison and an MK 85 at home that could see how far off the stocks are as far as barrel /action "fitablity". Merry Christmas.

Main stock screw on the White is about 1.5 in back of Knight stock screw toward trigger guard, while it looks like safety, trigger mechanism would go down in stock in order to get stock screw to work would have to take out too much wood in supporting wood in front of trigger if that makes sense.. Also to get bull barrel on Bison to fit stock would have to take quiet a bit of wood out of stock making it thinner then it already is, on my walnut stock would not be good on a laminate might be able to get by with it.

Sounds like a “No Go” HB, Plus who would want to Contaminate there MK-85 Stock By allowing a Dirty Ole White to Touch it? :lol: Dean is a Darn good guy to mess with something like that :yeah:

I wonder if a guy could fill the action screw hole with glass/epoxy and then drill a new action screw hole. Probably have to fill and recut the barrel lug slot. Hmmm I wonder. Hey Lewis send me your Mk stock so I can practice. :lol:

Harleysboss said:
Hmmm I wonder. Hey Lewis send me your Mk stock so I can practice. :lol:

You mean this Bison Spanker? You just wanna Fondle it again Cuz you miss it! :D

I could sell you a chunk of walnut and you could carve it out from scratch.

Re: RE: Re: Bison barreled action ?

muzzlestuffer said:
This is the same thing I did with my bison .540/thimbhole stock job
Should be pretty easy to do heres the .540 I fitted to a Boyd's thumbhole stock
ad24b617170c54d7bc223112ec59264e.jpg
7818bdfd3a4a3cc6e405601a4fb4baea.jpg
d0cc43d78f1bb4c37ebc531f758a38b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here's finished job the paint is textured. The blue on the bedding is just release agent I didn't clean off yet fyi
b08b40d161ea4f34fa470d3627153f4b.jpg
aec84227f1f6e000caf9c747e2ea13d9.jpg
0b15157c672d76c2cf03e6bfbbdd31c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the pictures of your stock work. That's about what I figured it would take. I'm about half way through a Rem Rolling block project and all funds have been going into that. The Bison stock will have to wait... for now :wink:

Harleysboss said:

Sorry, mistook your Bison for one someone posted recently that had another stock fitted to it.

Yours is myrtle painted black.

viewtopic.php?t=32262

Someone posted one recently that looked like it had a sleek Knight stock fitted to it and painted black.

Back